Enfamil baby formula is the leading cause of Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) in infant children. If your baby has become sick after drinking an Enfamil product, you could be eligible for a settlement. A Savannah Enfamil lawsuit lawyer could fight for the compensation you deserve.
Dolman Law Group understands the ongoing lawsuit, and we’re looking into the company’s failure to warn parents of the risks of NEC. If you’re not sure if you have a claim, we can offer a free consultation to review your case and let you know where you stand.
Enfamil Increases the Risks of NEC in Premature Babies
The Enfamil baby formula comes from cow milk, and mothers use it to substitute for human breast milk. Young infants who consume the Enfamil baby formula have high chances of getting NEC at two to six weeks. You should be aware that the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly advocates against feeding infants Enfamil with cow milk.
Six Facts to Know About NEC
- NEC is a condition that usually affects premature babies born at 37 weeks or earlier.
- It affects the inner intestinal walls of the large or small intestines.
- The tissues of the intestinal walls rapidly die due to gastrointestinal bacterial infection.
- Cases of NEC range from mild to fatal.
- If you don’t treat the infection in time, it may allow harmful bacteria to escape to the digestive system and enter the abdominal cavity.
- Severe NEC cases can be life-threatening or cause short bowel syndrome for the rest of your child’s life.
Symptoms of NEC
- Infant refusing to feed
- Diarrhea and bloody stool
- Green or yellow vomit
- Changes in blood pressure, breathing, heart rate, and body temperatures
- Distended abdominal cavity
Risks of Using NEC Infant Formula
- Lifelong nutritional issues
- Severe infection in the body
- Hole in the intestines
- Intestines scarring on narrow areas
- Liver problems
- Short bowel syndrome
- Unable to absorb food or nutrients
- Need for IV feeding
- Intestinal problems
Who Is Liable for My Child’s Injuries?
The formula manufacturing company for Enfamil is Mead Johnson & Company. Currently, there are almost twenty Enfamil baby formula products on the market, such as Invacare.
Examples of Enfamil Products for Premature Infants
- Enfamil Human Milk Fortifier
- Enfamil Premature Infant Formula 20 Cal Iron
- Enfamil Premature Infant Formula 24 Cal with Iron
- Enfamil Premature Infant Formula 24 Cal with protein
- Enfamil Neuropro Enfacare Infant Formula
Types of Lawsuits Against Enfamil
There are currently dozens of lawsuits against Mead Johnson. Despite Enfamil’s risks to infants, the company continues to sell the product without warning you about the dangers. We’re assisting victims in filing a lawsuit and getting the financial compensation they deserve.
The type of lawsuit you can file against the Enfamil company could include:
- Breach of warranty
- Failure to warn of injury or illness by use of the product
- Strict liability laws
- Intentional misinterpretation
- Negligent misinterpretation
- Wrongful death
The most common lawsuit that the Enfamil company faces is “failure to warn.”
Documents You Might Need to File an Enfamil Lawsuit
- Evidence of your relationship with the infant
- The infant’s birth certificate
- Documentation to prove your infant’s admission to the NICU
- Medical records that indicate a medical practitioner’s NEC diagnosis and the date of diagnosis
- Medical records of the infant’s NEC symptoms
- Records indicating which gestation period you gave birth to the child
- When the infant is deceased, a death certificate can act as evidence
It can be frustrating and emotionally taxing to collect all this information alone. When you hire our Savannah Enfamil lawsuit lawyer, we can take care of preparing all the documents you need for your claim.
Savannah Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Getting Compensation for Your Damages From Enfamil
We seek the largest settlement possible to cover your damages which may include the following:
- Lost income while you’re caring for your child
- Pain and suffering
- Hospital and NICU bills
- Ambulance trips
- Labs and medical equipment rentals
- Funeral expenses
Although the Enfamil lawsuits are new, families have filed medical malpractice lawsuits for years. In a successful NEC preemie, an average verdict is millions of dollars. We anticipate getting you substantial compensation if you win your case. The Enfamil company will likely seek out-of-court settlements.
Dolman Law Group Is Prepared to Fight for You in Chatham County, GA
During this difficult time, it helps to have a lawyer on your side who can take care of the footwork while you help your child recover. Our legal team is ready to take on your case and help you stand up to Enfamil. Here are a few ways we can assist you:
- Investigate Enfamil for patterns and evidence of negligence
- Review medical records and speak to medical professionals
- Calculate your estimated damages
- Communicate with insurance and opposing counsel
- Complete paperwork and file your claim
- Negotiate with Enfamil for a settlement
- Prepare and represent your case in court if a settlement can’t be reached
How Long You Have to File an Enfamil Lawsuit in Savannah
In the state of Georgia, you only have two years to file a claim after a personal injury. However, there may be different deadlines for filing an Enfamil lawsuit—your child has a twenty-one-year deadline, while you as a parent have a shorter deadline to file.
We recommend that you call our attorneys to fully understand your rights when you file for an Enfamil lawsuit. You can file the case after the death of your baby or after injuries connected with NEC. Two years might seem like a long time, especially when you’re caring for a sick child. But you shouldn’t have to put off getting your money—we can help.
For a free legal consultation with a enfamil lawsuit lawyer serving Savannah, call 833-552-7274
Contact Our Lawyers Serving the Savannah Area
We are currently accepting lawsuits for Enfamil-induced injuries from several states. We offer free case consultations, and you can reach us today. If you believe your child has complications due to the cow-milk-based formula, speak with Dolman Law Group so we can begin your lawsuit immediately.