No matter how much we prepare for hurricanes, sometimes, property damage is inevitable. In that case, your insurance company should reimburse you for repair costs and other related expenses.
If they are taking a long time to pay out your claim, undervaluing it, or denying it, a San Antonio hurricane damage lawyer with Dolman Law Group can help you fight against these questionable tactics. We are standing by to discuss your situation in a free consultation.
How a San Antonio Hurricane Damage Lawyer on Our Team Can Help You
A San Antonio hurricane damage lawyer with our firm may be able to help guide you in a number of ways. In most cases of hurricane damage, homeowners insurance covers your losses. However, insurance companies may pay out far less than what the claimant is due. Having our San Antonio hurricane damage lawyer on your side can be a huge relief.
Here’s how we can help your claim:
- Gathering evidence of your damages
- Reviewing your insurance policy
- Assessing and calculating the extent of property damage and loss
- Interacting with the insurance company
- Ensuring that the insurer is acting in good faith
- Negotiating a fair settlement
Can You Afford a San Antonio Hurricane Damage Lawyer at Our Firm?
Yes! We understand the long list of expenses you’re facing. That’s why we work on a contingency-fee-basis. We don’t charge any upfront costs or fees—in fact, you don’t pay anything until we win or settle your case.
We’re There When Insurance Companies Fall Short
Insurance companies understand that you’re in a time of need. In many cases, claimants are left without a place to live after suffering damages from a hurricane. In that event, insurance companies may capitalize on their leverage.
Some ways that insurance companies try to take advantage of this situation include:
- Intentional delay or pause in the investigation of your claim
- Deliberate payment of less than the amount you are due
- Unclear or ambiguous explanation of policies
- Unreasonable interpretation of language written in your policy
- Excessively delayed payment of a claim
Hurricane damage claims and cases are sometimes more complicated than San Antonio personal injury cases. Don’t stay left in the dark—Dolman Law Group is ready to walk you through the next steps.
What to Remember After a Hurricane
Following a hurricane, it is important to be completely sure that the coast is clear. If you are not sure that the storm has passed, it is best to stay where you are. Once you have verified that the hurricane has left your area and no longer poses a threat, there are several things you should consider doing. The list below outlines potential actions to take and avoid following hurricane damage to your property.
- Make sure that the area is safe—be careful of fallen power lines.
- Photograph any damage, no matter how small. Take as many pictures as possible from multiple angles. This documentation can help prove the damage to your insurance company.
- If you have property damage, don’t repair it alone before calling your insurance company. If you repair damages on your own before having an adjuster assess, your insurance company may dispute how much damage actually occurred.
- Keep a record of the property or items that have been damaged.
- Cover damaged property with tarps and do what you can to help prevent additional damage.
- Call your insurance company to report the damage.
- Talk to your San Antonio hurricane damage lawyer for assistance.
How Long Do You Have to File a Home Insurance Claim?
You only have a set amount of time to file a claim. How long you have depends on your policy, though.
Insurance companies aren’t afraid to make you wait, so once you’ve assessed your damages, file your claim right away. Your attorney can help you stay on top of your timeline and keep you up to date on your case.
San Antonio Hurricane Damage Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Four Causes Behind Hurricane Damage in Texas
Your property might have sustained:
- Wind damage: High winds can damage roofs, windows, and doors and cause structural damage to homes and buildings.
- Flooding: Heavy rains can lead to flooding, which can damage homes and other structures.
- Storm surge: Storm surge is a rise in water level caused by a hurricane. It can cause severe flooding and damage to coastal areas.
- Tornadoes: Tornadoes can occur during a hurricane and can cause significant damage to homes, buildings, and other structures.
Home insurance doesn’t cover all types of damages. For example, you must purchase flood insurance separately to repair your property that the effects of the flood damage. Depending on the type of insurance you have, you may have coverage for:
- Foundation damage
- Uprooted and fallen trees
- Power outages
- Roof damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Damage to your vehicles
- Broken windows
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane damage lawyer serving San Antonio, call 833-552-7274
Cost of Damages After Major Texas Hurricanes from 2004-2017 (Category 3 or Higher)
The Texas State Comptroller estimated the cost of hurricane damage from storms in Texas and the rest of the US. These numbers are astronomically high, and they may increase new storms roll through the state.
If you’re facing the overwhelming cost of storm damage repair, work with a law firm that’s willing to stand up to insurance companies to get you the compensation you need.
Contact Dolman Law Group After Sustaining Hurricane Damage
Hurricane damage claims can be frustrating, especially if your insurance company isn’t acting in good faith. However, you don’t have to go through these trying times alone. Getting our San Antonio hurricane damage lawyer on your side can help protect your legal rights. Dolman Law Group is available today for a free consultation to help you get on the right track. Call us today.