January 5th — 9th
With the New Year ticking away, some people may find themselves in possession of a new vehicle, or some new gadgets that you’ve yet to use yet. How often do you consider the possibility of a product purchased from your local supermarket being dangerous? Are you sure that the toy you’ve just purchased for your children is completely safe?
There’s no easy to way to prepare for defectively manufactured or designed products that cause harm to an innocent and unsuspecting consumer, so it’s important to keep an eye out for the endless amount of recalls that are issued every week. Here’s this past week’s most recent and relevant product recalls.
- SKLZ’s “Recoil 360™” All-Position Resistance Trainers due to a faulty weld-point which could snap during normal exercise use and injure one of the users. These products will have been purchased between January 2013 and December 2014 from sporting good/fitness stores, or online. You can reach this company by dialing 1-877-225-7275.
- Keurig’s “MINI Plus” Brewing Systems due to a defective design which may cause extremely hot water to spew out of the machine and burn the operator. These products will have been manufactured between December 2009 and December 2014 with a number of “K10, or B31”. Be sure to check the official recall page to determine if your brewer system’s serial code is one in the recall. You can reach this company by dialing 1-844-255-7886.
- Comfort Research’s vinyl polystyrene-filled bean bag chairs due to an unsafe design which could allow small children to unzip the vinyl and climb inside, posing as suffocation or choking hazard. These products will have been manufactured purchased between January 2010 and October 2013. You can reach this company by dialing 1-844-578-8933.
- Toyota’s “2014/15 4Runner; Tacoma; FJ Cruiser; Land Cruiser; RAV4; Scion FRS; XB” vehicles due to the possibility of certain parts and accessories being installed incorrectly. If you’ve got a vehicle mentioned above and wish to ensure your personal safety, you can reach this company by dialing 1-888-327-4236.
- General Motor’s “2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD; GMC Sierra HD” diesel vehicles due to a loosened hose clamp which could detach and cause fuel to leak from the vehicle, posing as a fire hazard. These vehicles will have been manufactured between September 30th, 2014 and October 21st, 2014. For a free repair, you can reach Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Subaru’s “2008-2011 Impreza; 2008-2014 WRX and STI; 2009-2013 Forester” vehicles due to a brake fluid leak which may severely degrade or hinder the vehicle’s braking ability. For a free repair, you can reach this company by dialing 1-800-782-2783.
Foods, Medicines, and Cosmetics
- American Roland Food Corp.’s “Roland®” bruschetta due to the possibility of specific lots containing glass. For details on the exact lots that are affected by this recall, visit the official recall page. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-221-4030.
- Jardine Foods, Inc.’ s “DL Jardines; Shotgun Willie’s Texas Chili” seasoning bags, boxes, and kits due to an undeclared peanut protein allergen in the mix which could cause serious or life-threatening adverse affects on those with allergies or a severe sensitivity to peanuts. There are 3 different types of products involved in this recall. You can reach this company by dialing 1-512-295-4600.
- John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.’s “8 oz. Fisher Chopper Walnuts; Pecan Cookie Pieces” for the possibility of Salmonella contamination. The array of affected lots in this recall is plentiful, so visit the recall page and view the list of affected lots. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-874-8734.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT RECALL ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
If you or a loved one has suffered any form of loss from the normal, expected and intended use of a product, you may be eligible to receive to significant financial compensation to assist you in recovering. You can contact Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to speak with an experienced product liability attorney and receive a free consultation and case evaluation pertaining to your injuries or losses. Give us a call at 727-451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765