July 27th — 31st
Products in our cabinets, garages, and pockets can be faulty in ways that we would have never imagined. Those faults can easily lead to irreparable damages and serious injuries. Because of that, companies who unknowingly release these defective products often make an effort to recall them as soon as they discover the potential risk of widespread damage. Here is a summary of some recent product recalls that we want our readers to be aware of.
- Toyota’s “2012-2014 Prius V” vehicles due to a faulty hybrid inverter assembly which may overheat and cause lack a loss of power affecting drivability, or stalling that could seriously increase the risk of crashing. These vehicles will have been manufactured between August 22nd, 2011 and June 30th, 2014. You can reach this company by dialing 1-888-270-9371.
- Honda’s motorcycles due to a sealant that may have been applied incorrectly to a relay switch on the motorcycles. This may cause a loss of power and increase the risk of crashing. There is a large list of motorcycles that are affected by this recall that can be viewed by visiting the recall page. You can reach this company by dialing 1-888-784-1870.
- Kia’s “2016 Sorento” vehicles due to a broken front passenger seatbelt buckle latch assembly that doesn’t always latch properly. Seatbelts are an important safety feature in cars and should always be functioning properly. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-333-4542.
- Briggs & Stratton’s “Simplicity” riding lawn mowers due to the chute deflector occasionally failing at stopping debris projectiles from being thrown by the blades. Being struck by a projectile could seriously harm a consumer. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-227-3798.
- Stork Craft’s foam crib mattresses due to the mattresses failing to meet the federal mattress flammability standard for open flames. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-274-0277.
- ACCO’s “Quartet” magnetic and Dry Erase boards due to the sharp metal edges on the back of these boards that can harm a consumer when they attempt to remove the mounted boards. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-611-6654.
Foods, Medicines, and Cosmetics
- Kroger’s “Ground Cinnamon; Garlic Powder; Coarse Ground Black Pepper; Bac’n Buds” food seasonings due to the possibility of them being contaminated with Salmonella. These products will have a UPC code starting with “11110700” and will have “Sell By” dates of May 18, 19th, or 20th. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-KROGERS.
- KellBran Candies’ “Caramel Popcorn” snack food due to an undeclared milk allergen ingredient. These products will be in the 8oz. bags with an expiration date of 11/30/2015 and 12/31/2015. You can reach this company by dialing 1-330-628-3900.
- Nature’s Variety’s “Instinct Raw Chicken Formula” dog food because it may contain Salmonella which is a dangerous contaminant that can cause seriously illnesses in both pets and humans. These products will have a UPC code starting with “7699496114”. You can reach this company by dialing 1-888-519-7387.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a product with a defect or faulty design and you’re in need of a helping hand, contact the experienced product liability attorneys of Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation to anyone and can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve after being injured by a product’s faulty nature. To get in touch, give us a call at 727-451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765