August 24 – August 31
Consumer goods are thought to be thoroughly evaluated and tested to ensure the quality and safety of the product produced. Sometimes companies do not know of a defect until it hits the shelves and an unsuspected buyer is injured or severely harmed. Here is a list of popular recalls to make certain that you and your loved ones are safe.
Foods, Medicines and Cosmetics:
- Trader Joes is recalling their Dark Chocolate covered Honey Grahams with Sea Salt because there is undeclared milk in the product. Jo’s Candies of Torrance, California is voluntarily doing this because the milk was not declared on the label. People who have an allergy or severe milk sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products. There have been two reactions reported. All lots of the Dark Chocolate covered Honey Grahams with Sea Salt are being recalled. Customers who have purchased the product may return it for a full refund. You may contact this company at (310) 257-0260 from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has issued a voluntary regional recall of certain bread products under the Sara Lee, Kroger, Bimbo, Nature’s Harvest, Great Value and L’ Oven Fresh brands because of the risk of possible fragments of glass caused by a broken light bulb at one of its bakeries. For Florida specifically, Sara Lee’s 100% Whole Wheat Bread 16 oz with the best by date of SEP 01, Sara Lee’s Delightful Healthy Multi-Grain Bread Twinpack 2 lbs 8 oz with the best by date of AUG 29, Sara Lee’s Delightful Healthy Multi-Grain Bread 20 oz with the best by date of SEPT 01, Sara Lee’s Delightful 100% Whole Wheat made with Real Honey Bread 20oz with the best by date of AUG 29, Bimbo 100% Whole Wheat Bread 16oz with the best by date of SEPT 01, Nature’s Harvest Stoneground 100% Whole Wheat Bread 20oz with the best by date of SEPT 01 and finally Nature’s Harvest Stoneground 100% Whole Wheat Bread Twinpack 2 lbs 8oz with the best by date of SEPT 01 are all compromised. The company announced the recall after receiving 3 consumer reports of small pieces of glass found on the outside of the bread. Anyone who has bought this product may return it to its place of purchase for a full refund. You may contact this company at 1 (800) 984-0989 at any time, 24 hours a day.
- OmniPod Insulin Management System operated by Insulet Corporation initiated a lot-specific voluntary recall of 40,846 boxes (10 Pods per box) of the OmniPod (Pod). This field corrective action is due to the possibility of some of the Pods having a higher rate of failure than Insulet’s current manufacturing standards. This recall does not affect the OmniPod Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). The situations that can result in the interruption of insulin delivery can cause hyperglycemia, which, if left untreated can result in the diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). The affected Pod lots have resulted in 90 Medical Device Reports of which 13 required medical intervention. You can find the list of affect Pods (here). You may call the company at 1 (855) 407-3729 at any time.
- Scag Power Equipment is recalling Scag Liberty-Z zero-turn lawn mowers because the gas tank has a potential to leak which furthermore poses a risk of a fire hazard. The recall includes two models; SZL48-22KT with serial numbers K7100001 through K7102353 as well as SZL52-24KT with serial numbers K7200001 through K7202020. Scag Power Equipment has received five reports of gas tank leaks on the mowers; however no injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using these recalled lawn mowers and contact an authorized dealer for a free repair. The models were sold between October 2014 and May 2015. You may call this company at (844) 491-4859 from 8 am to 4:30 pm CT, Monday through Friday.
- Trek is recalling model year 2015 Trek 9.8 Superfly FS SL, X1 and XT bicycles equipped with Bontrager Approved Carbon The recalled bicycles have a serial number ending in J or K and pose a fall hazard to the rider due to the fact that the seatpost can crack and break. The bicycle company has received two reports of broken seatposts, however there were no injuries associated with each account. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bikes and contact an authorized Trek retailer for a free replacement seatpost plus a $20 coupon toward any Bontrager merchandise. You may contact the company at (800) 373-4594 from 8am to 6pm CT, Monday through Friday.
- Huffy is recalling certain bikes because the front levers do not function properly. An open quick release lever on the bike’s front wheel hub can come into contact with the front disc brake assembly, causing the front wheel to come to a sudden stop or separate from the bicycle which eventually will pose a risk to the rider. The recall includes model year 2014 Huffy TR 745 and TR-S 740 bikes with 27.5 inch wheels. There have been no incidents or injuries reported however, consumers should stop using the bicycles immediately and contact Huffy for a free replacement quick release leer for the front wheel. You may contact this company at (888) 366-3828 from 8am to 8pm ET, Monday through Friday.
- Grand Design RV, LLC is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 Reflection fifth-wheel trailers manufactured between September 5, 2013 and June 30, 2015. This is because the vehicles may have been manufactured with axles rated to 5200 lbs instead of 6000 lbs as designed and as listed on the Certification Label. Due to this, these RVs fail to comply with the requirements of “Certification”. Without an accurate label, users may overload their trailer which furthermore results in axle or tire failure and increases the risk of a crash. The recall is expected to begin September 7, 2015. You may call this company at 1(574) 825-8000 ext. 2015.
- Subaru of America, Inc. is recalling certain 2015 and 2016 model year Subaru Legacy 4-Door and Outback vehicles manufactured July 3, 2015 to July 27, 2015. This is because the transmission oil may leak from a deformed seal cap on the propeller shaft yoke. IF the transmission oil leaks onto the exhaust pipe, there may be a possible risk of a fire. The recall is expected to begin on August 28, 2015. You may call this company at 1(800) 782-2783.
- General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2010 Chevy Cobalt vehicles manufactured January 4, 2010 to June 23, 2010. This is because the affected vehicles may be equipped with an improperly routed Side-Impact Sensory (SIS) wiring harness in the driver’s front side door. This improperly wired SIS could cause an electrical short that disables the driver’s side curtain air bag. A disabled driver side roof-rail air bag will not deployment of that air bag, increasing the risk of injury to the driver. This recall is expected to begin August 26, 2015. You may call this company at 1(800) 222-1020.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a product with a defect or faulty design and you’re in need of a helping hand, contact the experienced product liability attorneys of Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation to anyone and can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve after being injured by a product’s faulty nature. To get in touch, give us a call at (727) 451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765