Consumers have the right to know when a product is defective. There are many agencies that compile a list to improve public awareness and to also hold these companies liable for possible injuries. Often times, companies are unaware of these defects until it hits the mass market. Here at the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we consult and evaluate claims of product defects and liability because it is the responsibility of a company to address any issues associated with the product. If they do not, or if they are found to be grossly negligent, our experienced professionals can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Please read the list of recent recalls to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
Foods, Medicines & Cosmetics:
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc., today announced the voluntary nationwide recall of one lot of Fluconazole injection, USP, (in 0.9% Sodium Chloride) 200mg per 100mL flexible container bag (NDC 25021-113-82) Lot 40608 manufactured by ACS Dobfar INFO S.A. and distributed by Sagent. Sagent has initiated this voluntary recall of Fluconazole injection, USP, 200mg per 100mL to the user level due to the discovery of an out of specification impurity result detected during routine quality testing of stability samples at the 18-month interval. This impurity has been identified at Metronidazole. An elevated impurity has the potential to decrease effectiveness of the product in patients. Patients on the product and on concomitant medication of Metronidazole may receive an increased dose of Metronidazole. The lot number being recalled is Lot 40608 which was distributed to hospitals, wholesalers, and distributors nationwide from November 2014 through December 2014. Fluconazole Injection, USP, 200mg per 100mL is indicated, for the treatment of Oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis, cryptococcal meningitis, and is supplied in 100mL and 200mL flexible container bags. Currently, Sagent is not aware of any adverse patient events resulting from the use of the subject product lot. You may reach this company with any questions you have at (866) 625-1618, Monday through Friday from 8-7 CST.
- Materne North America Corp (MNA) is voluntarily recalling specific packages of GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouches due to potential adulteration from food product residue. The recalled applesauce pouches have a Best Before Date of 12/4/15-3/4/17 and a 5 digit production code beginning with “US” follows by 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, or 08, which consumers can identify on the back of the pouch or on the bottom of the box, and “Product of USA” displayed under the Nutrition Facts Panel on the box. Any products labeled as organic are not impacted by this recall. There have been no illnesses associated with this recall, however, consumers who have purchased GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouches with the Best by Before dates described above can contact the company for a replacement voucher. You can reach this company at (844) 275-5841.
- Gretchen’s Shoebox Express is a food packing establishment in Seattle that is voluntarily issuing a recall of the Cheese & Fruit Bistro Box in Starbucks stores because the product may contain an undeclared tree nut allergen (cashews). Item #11015085 has an “enjoy by date” of March 4, 2016 and earlier and is being recalled because people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to cashews run the risk of serious or life-threatening reaction if they consume this product. The recall is being conducted because an ingredient supplier issued a recall for a specific lot of almonds used to construct the bistro boxes. The almonds may contain cashews. Consumers without an allergy to cashews can safely eat the bistro box. However, consumers who have purchased the product and have an allergy are encourage to dispose of it immediately or to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. You can call this company at (800) 782- 7282, Monday through Friday from 8 to 5.
- Ambient Weather is expanding their recall of radios due to a potential fire hazard. The weather radio can overheat when plugged into an AC power outlet, posing a fire hazard. The recalled Ambient Weather radios are red and black and measure about 8 inches wide by 4 inches tall by 2 inches deep. “Ambient Weather,” “AM/FM/Weather Band Radio” and “NOAA Weather Radio” are printed in white lettering on the front of the radio. The radios have a black crank on the back, an antenna on the top, and LED flashlight on the left side, a clip on the right side and a cable to charge a smart phone. Model number WR-333, WR-333A, WR-334-U or WR-334A-U is printed in the owner’s manual. The firm has received an additional four reports of smoke in the back battery area. No injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled weather radios and contact Ambient Weather for a full refund. You may reach this company at (877) 413-8800, Monday through Friday from 8 to 3.
- United Pet Group is recalling Top Fin Power Filters for aquariums due to a potential shock hazard. These power filters were sold exclusively at PetSmart. A conductor on the pump motor can become exposed and electrify the aquarium water, posing a shock hazard to consumers. The recall involves five models of Top Fin Power Filters. The filters are numerically identified by 10, 20, 30, 40 and 75. They also have the words “TOP FIN” on the top of the filter. Top Fin Power Filters were sold as part of Top Fin 5.5 and 10 gallon LED aquarium kits. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled filters, unplug them from the power supply, remove from the aquarium, and contact United Pet Group for a free replacement power filter. You may reach this company at (800) 338-4896, Monday through Friday from 8-5:30 ET.
- Illume is recalling their “Love Today” Valentine’s Day-themed ceramic mugs sold exclusively at Target Stores due to a potential fire hazard. The mugs were mislabeled as microwave safe; as such, if microwaved, the metallic print on the mug can spark, posing a fire hazard. This recall involves the 14 ounce, white ceramic coffee mugs with the words “Love Today” printed in gold metallic on the outside of the mug. “Microwave Safe” and “Illume” are printed on a removable label on the bottom of the mug. Target has received three reports of mugs sparking during microwaving. While no injuries have been reported, consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mugs during microwaving, or for anything else and can return them to Target for a full refund. If you have any questions, you may call Target or Illume. Target’s number is (800) 440-0680, Monday through Friday from 7-6 ET. Illume’s number is (888) 245-5863, Monday through Friday from 8 to 4:30 CT.
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2008-2010 Lexus SC vehicles manufactured August 3, 2007, to July 30, 2010, 2008 Toyota Corolla vehicles manufactured June 1, 2007, to December 21, 2007, 2008 Toyota Corolla Matrix vehicles manufactured June 1, 2007, to December 18, 2007, and 2008 Pontiac vibe vehicles manufactured Mary 25, 2007, to December 21, 2007 that were originally sold, or registered in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, The U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. The affected vehicles have a passenger side frontal air bag that may be susceptible to moisture intrusion, which over time, can cause the inflator to rupture upon its deployment. In the event of a crash, necessitating the deployment of the passenger’s frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death. Toyota and Lexus vehicle owners will be notified by Toyota beginning March 15, 2016. A date has not yet been provided for Pontiac Vibe owners to be notified by GM. The respective dealers will either replace the front passenger air bag or the entire front passenger air bag assembly depending on the model. You may contact this company at (800) 331-4331.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Transit vehicles manufactured February 13, 2014 to January 2016 and equipped with rear passenger seats. The rear seat belt buckles may be damaged if a heavy object is place on, or impacts, the top of the buckle. The damage may prevent the buckle from latching or from remaining latched. An unlatched seat belt increased the risk of injury to the occupant in the event of a crash. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will modify or replace the seat belt buckles, depending on their location in the vehicle, free of charge. Owners will be notified of the recall March 14, 2016. You may reach this company at (866) 424-9153.
- Volvo Trucks North America (Volvo) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 VT trucks manufactured from April 9, 2008, through September 24, 2009, and certain 2016 model VNL and VNM trucks manufactured from January 2, 2015, through November 6, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with USK non-greasable drag links that may experience corrosion of the ball joints due to the seals being compromised, possibly resulting in accelerated wear and failure of the ball joint. Failure of the ball joint may cause separation of the socket and a complete loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash. Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will replace the drag links, free of charge. The recall is expected to being April 15, 2016. You may call this company at (800) 528-6586.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT RECALL ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Companies are responsible for illnesses or damages caused by their products and need to be confronted legally. However, they’ll often take very precise steps to make sure this doesn’t happen, or to make sure that it goes in their favor; so, if you find yourself in a situation where a product has impaired or caused damage to you or a loved one in any way, contact Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA immediately for a free consultation and case evaluation. We have experienced product liability attorneys on site in Clearwater, Florida who will aggressively fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at (727) 451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765