After a motorcycle accident, it is essential that your health should be the first priority. You must seek treatment for any injuries or other medical conditions as soon as possible. Even if you do not have any direct symptoms, you should still receive a full medical evaluation to identify any traumatic brain injuries, soft tissue injuries, or other conditions that may not be readily apparent. If you do require medical treatment for injuries, filing a claim may be your best solution in recovering damages to pay for your medical bills.
As such, if your motorcycle accident occurred due to the negligent act or oversight of another person or party, you have the right under Florida laws to bring a legal claim against that party. If you can adequately show negligence, the court should hold the party liable for all of your motorcycle accident-related losses. While a personal injury lawsuit can help many motorcycle accident victims recover, the idea of a lawsuit and the legal process may be intimidating for many people. That is where the team at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA can help. Just for an overview, we’ve set up a list of phases that will likely to occur after a motorcycle accident .
Stages of a Motorcycle Accident
- Call the Proper Authorities: The first thing to be concerned about if your health. Getting into an accident of any kind can be extremely terrifying because of the discomfort that follows. Try to breathe and take in everything that has just happened. In the event that you are able to, the best thing to do is to dial 911 immediately and to also stay at the scene. If no one is severely injured or requires immediate medical attention, you must do your best to get all the contact and insurance information from all other passengers, motorists or pedestrians involved. On the other hand, if there are major injuries, do not perform any major maneuver that is expected to be handled by the police or EMTs, it may make matters worse later on.
- Record Valuable Information: While the police will record everything that is routine for them, it’s also important as the owner of the motorcycle to also take into account the valuable information that can be used for a claim. Be sure to write down the make, model and license plate numbers of all vehicles involved as well. If possible, grab your camera or cell phone and take pictures of the scene to get accurate documentation, fresh witness accounts and most importantly, your side of the story documented. Moreover, the officer that is there will make note of everything you do or say. Do not misstate any facts and do not give a definitive answer about injuries you feel as though you’ve sustained. Many injuries do not show up until a day or so later.
- Retain Your Health Records: Seeking medical assistance will be the best way to keep medical records of any possible injury you may have. This is done so that you have records of all the medical procedures necessary and exactly what medications are prescribed. This will also keep records of all expenses paid and whatever discussions there may have been between you and your doctor. Recovery fees and compensation is based on the extent of the injury and the financial burdens you have to endure, the records are your proof.
- Contact Your Insurance Agent: If you are contacted by an adjuster from the other side’s insurance company, it’s important to not grant them an interview, because insurance adjusters are trained to try to trip you up. They want to get you to say something that could be used against you, so that the insurance company is obligated to pay out the least amount of the damages on the claim. Contact your agent right away. They will be able to help with certain expenses. Do not rush to make repairs on a bike until the damage has been documented and evaluated by your agent. The record of all expenses that have incurred due to the accident including repairs and rental charges for another bike or way of transportation that you have to use because your bike is being repaired can be recovered . Florida carries personal injury protection or PIP insurance that can help a victim receive compensation. Make sure your conversations are as thorough as possible to understand your coverage.
- Contact Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA: The utmost important thing you should do after an accident is to consult your attorney. Make sure that you conduct the proper research on the best motorcycle accident attorney in your area. Many firms handle cases of all kinds and some are better in areas that others are not. Here at Dolman Law, we can protect your rights and make sure that valuable evidence is not destroyed. Consulting with one of our attorneys can ensure that you are receiving proper advice before talking to insurance companies and that the medical care given is necessary.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Following a motorcycle accident, being flustered in the process of what to do next is extremely unnerving. Hopefully, this list can give you more information on what to do in the event that an accident does occur. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney from the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA can evaluate your claim, conduct investigation and help you determine whether you have the right to financial recovery from the other driver or negligent party. Even if you may be at fault, you could still be able to recover. Please call us today at (727) 451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765