How an Uber Accident Attorney Could Help You After a New Port Richey CrashAfter an Uber accident, you might assume insurance will cover all damages. You may be left with serious injuries resulting in lost wages and large medical bills. It can be difficult to recoup the money you lost without an attorney if insurance doesn't cover everything. Uber accidents are complicated because they involve several insurance companies, confusing the rules. Our law firm in New Port Richey will give your case the attention it requires and do the following:
- Offer legal advice and guidance throughout your case
- Handle communications with insurance companies and other parties involved
- Identify all avenues to recover compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
- Represent you during a trial if we cannot settle the claim fairly
What Dolman Law Group Offers Its Personal Injury ClientsAt Dolman Law, we provide top-quality customer service with fair results. Our attorneys are top-rated and have experience with Uber accident lawsuits.
- We provide free one-on-one consultations to review your case.
- Status will provide frequent status updates.
- As the client, you will not pay us anything until we recover money for you.
- We fight for fair damages and hold insurance companies accountable.
Recoverable Damages Your Uber Accident Could Have CausedYou could recover damages from an Uber accident in many ways. Recoverable damages are the money a court requires someone to pay for injuring another person or causing property damage. At Dolman Law Group, we will pursue the compensation you need. Recoverable damages you could potentially receive include (but are not limited to):
Medical BillsYou can be compensated for any medical bills related to the accident. This includes emergency care, ongoing care, physical and occupational therapy, and any other medical visits.
Lost IncomeIf you have to be out of work for a period due to injuries from the accident, you could be compensated for that time lost. If you sustain injuries that prevent you from working, you could receive compensation for future losses.
Pain and SufferingThis is non-economic and can be recovered after an Uber accident. It can include anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder. Ongoing physical pain from injuries you obtained during the accident could also make you eligible for compensation.
Wrongful DeathIf a family member did not survive the accident, you could be eligible to receive compensation to cover the costs of any expenses related to the death, such as a funeral, burial, or cremation.
What You Should Do After an Uber AccidentAfter an Uber accident, it is normal to feel overwhelmed and scared. Your priority is safety, so do not exit your vehicle if you are on a busy road with oncoming traffic. Once you confirm your surroundings are safe, do the following:
- Make sure all parties involved are safe.
- Contact the police and file a report.
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries from the accident. Even if your injuries appear minor, get checked out.
- Take pictures of any details that could be significant to a case.
- Collect information from all parties involved
- Speak with a New Port Richey lawyer to recover damages from the Uber accident.
Insurance Policy Rules for Uber DriversAccording to Florida Statutes § 627.748, rideshare drivers in Florida must be insured when logged into the app. The rideshare company or the Uber driver may meet the insurance requirements themselves. Insurance coverage can be different based on whether a passenger is in the car or not when a personal injury occurs. There are minimum amounts specified in the bill for each scenario.
Accidents That Occur When the App Is on But a Passenger Is Not in the CarThe minimum amount of insurance coverage in this scenario includes:
- At least $50,000 for death and bodily injury per person of primary automobile liability coverage
- At least $100,000 for death and bodily injury per incident of primary automobile liability coverage
- At least $25,000 per incident of property damage liability coverage
Uber Accidents That Occur When a Passenger is in the Vehicle
- At least $1,000,000 for death, bodily injury, and property damage of primary automobile liability coverage
- Personal injury protection, which helps to pay for covered medical expenses caused by an auto accident
- Uninsured motorist insurance, which pays for the accident-related medical care when the at-fault driver did not have enough insurance coverage to cover all of the injuries