Slip and fall injuries can happen just about anywhere: at home, at work, in a store, at a friend’s house, in a public space like a museum or a park. A slip or fall accident can lead to serious injuries. These injuries can have significant consequences for a victim, both physical and financial. If you have been injured in a New Port Richey slip or a fall, you could be entitled to seek monetary compensation through a personal injury claim. Contact our New Port Richey Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys to learn more about your legal options.
Common Causes of New Port Richey Slip and Fall Accidents
A few common causes of Florida slips and falls include the following:
- Broken steps
- Uneven, raised or cracked pavement or sidewalks
- Slippery or wet floors or parking lots
- Uneven tile or flooring surfaces
- A change in elevation such as a small step-down
- Broken railings
- Uneven or too narrow stair treads
- Abrupt edges on sidewalks or on driveways
- Inadequate lighting
- Unsecured rugs or carpets
- Appliance or other cords stretched across a walking path
- A change in floor surface
- Unmarked holes and other hazards on the ground.
These dangerous conditions that lead to slip and falls can exist in shopping centers, restaurants, stores, private homes or apartments, amusement parks, governmental building, or on public spaces such as on sidewalks.
New Port Richey Slip and Fall Claims
When a visitor or tenant living on another person’s property suffers serious or life-changing injuries in a fall, the property owner or management company could be held legally responsible. However, the victim and his or her attorneys must prove that the property owner or manager’s negligence or recklessness led them to suffer a significant injury that resulted in hospitalizations or extensive medical treatment. In cases involving slip and fall accidents, victims must prove that either:The property owners failed to maintain the property
- The property owners created unsafe conditions which caused the injury
- Or, that the property owners knew about the dangerous premises or unsafe hazard but did not alert visitors or tenants to this fact.
Liability in a New Port Richey Slip and Fall Case
Property owners have a responsibility to keep their premises in a safe condition, including maintaining and fixing the property. If the owner or a tenant fails to do this and a visitor is harmed while on their Florida premises, then they may be liable for injuries resulting from the accident, including:
- Cuts and abrasions
- Injuries that require surgery
- Spiral fractures of the legs
- Hand fractures
- Wrist sprains
- Neck sprains
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Mid and low back sprains
New Port Richey Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one fell and were injured, it is important to speak to a skilled slip and fall accident attorney in New Port Richey in order to determine if a third party is responsible for your injuries and to compensate you for your damages. Please call our New Port Richey office today at 727-853-6275.