How a New Port Richey Hurricane Damage Lawyer on Our Team Can HelpIf your insurance company denies or underpays your claim, the attorneys at Dolman Law Group can help you fight for sufficient compensation. The responsibilities they will assume include:
- Analyzing your policy and providing you with an objective assessment of your claim's merits
- Collecting the documentation and proof you'll need to back up your claim
- Communicating with your insurance company about everything from the procedure to filing a claim and discussing prospective settlement offers
- Fighting to appeal your denial so you can get the coverage your insurance company was initially responsible for
- Pursuing legal action through the court if need be
Types of Hurricane Damages You May FaceWhether you've lived in New Port Richey for a while or you're new to the area, you're probably well aware that storms can be devastating. They can cause property damage worth tens of thousands of dollars or more. Hurricane damages can take various forms, including:
- Roof damage or collapse can render your property unusable.
- The damage to your home and its surroundings can also cause problems with your foundation.
- Flooding and water damage can seep into the structure of your house, wreaking havoc on your belongings and your home interior.
- Sparks from a downed power line might start a fire and damage your home.
- Severe winds can blow large objects and other debris into your home, shattering windows and causing destruction.
- Wind damage can also cause trees to uproot, fall, or break. The crushing weight can destroy cars, homes, and more.
- A hurricane may also adversely affect outdoor structures like pools, barns, detached garages, and landscaping.
Why Insurance Companies Might Deny Your ClaimThe insurance company may be dragging its feet when it comes to paying your claim. They could be:
- Delaying or failing to examine your claim
- Undervaluing your hurricane damage
- Denying your claim without a reasonable justification