Commercial trucks are important to our economy, however, they also put motorists at risk of serious injuries should an accident occur. When a large tractor-trailer collides with a small passenger vehicle, the damage and injuries are often devastating. Injured victims are often left facing a long recovery period, extensive treatment, and even permanent disabilities. In addition, medical bills and lost income can create significant financial difficulties.
If you have been injured in a truck accident in or around New Port Richey, you should discuss your legal rights with a skilled New Port Richey commercial truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
When a truck accident occurs because someone else was negligent, victims have the right to bring a legal claim for personal injury. Some of the common acts of negligence that may lead to a truck accident include the following:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving, including texting
- Fatigued driving, causing the driver to lose focus or fall asleep at the wheel
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and threatening drivers
- Speeding and violations of other traffic laws and FMCSA regulations
- Improper lane changes
- Not properly inspecting or maintaining the truck
- Negligent hiring of unqualified or potentially dangerous drivers
- Failing to properly load or secure cargo in a trailer
Proving that a truck driving or trucking company was negligent can be challenging, especially since the company will be working to avoid liability. At the Dolman Law Group, our experienced attorneys have the resources needed to identify and prove negligence in your truck accident case.
Your Rights to Recovery
When you prove that someone was negligent, you have the right to recover for your various losses. We can help you seek compensation for the following and more:
- Medical bills
- Estimated expenses of future medical treatment
- Lost income and benefits
- Future lost income and earning power
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Permanent impairment or disfigurement
Because truck accident injuries are often extremely severe, the losses for which you can recover may be substantial.
Call for a Free Consultation with a New Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you are an injured truck accident victim, you should call a dedicated truck accident attorney at the Dolman Law Group to discuss your case. The sooner we start working, the sooner you can recover, so please call for free at 727-451-6900 today.