If you have suffered a brain injury, it is important to speak to an experienced New Port Richey brain injury attorney at the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to learn about your legal options.
In the United States, one individual sustains a traumatic brain injury (TBI) every 19 seconds, totaling approximately 1.7 million individuals each year. Brain injuries range from mild to moderate to severe. Every injury is different, but when a brain is injured, it can affect everything from the ability to remember to the ability to control or regulate emotions.
Brain Injury Treatment in New Port Richey
Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two brain injuries are the same. For many individuals, brain injury treatment is a complex field of medical rehabilitation. The Brain Injury Association  of America suggests that there are numerous treatment options for those suffering a severe brain injury:
- Intensive Care Unit – The goals in the ICU include achieving medical stability, medical management, and prevention of medical crisis.
- Acute Rehabilitation – During acute rehabilitation, a team of health professionals with experience and training in brain injury works with the patient to regain as many activities of daily living as possible.
- Postacute Rehabilitation – When patients are well enough to participate in more intensive therapy, they may be transferred to a postacute rehabilitation setting, such as a residential rehabilitation facility. The goal of postacute rehabilitation is to help the patient regain the most independent level of functioning possible.
- Outpatient Therapy – Following acute or postacute rehabilitation, a person with a brain injury may continue to receive outpatient therapies to maintain and/or enhance their recovery. Individuals whose injuries were not severe enough to require hospitalization or who were not diagnosed as having a brain injury when the incident occurred may attend outpatient therapies to address functional impairments.
- Independent Living Programs – Independent living programs provide housing for persons with brain injury with the goal of regaining the ability to live as independently as possible. Usually, independent living programs will have several different levels to meet the needs of people requiring more assistance and therapies as well as those who are living independently and being monitored.
Contact a Brain Injury Attorney in New Port Richey
The effects of a brain injury can be dramatic and life-long causing temporary or even permanent injuries. If you have suffered a brain injury, it is important to speak to an experienced New Port Richey brain injury attorney. At the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA in New Port Rickey, Florida, our team of highly skilled brain injury lawyers have helped many victims obtain the recovery they deserve for their injuries and related losses including lost wages, medical expenses as well as pain and suffering. Please call our office today at 727-853-6275 for a free consultation.