Miramar, Florida, has several potential draws for residents and visitors alike. Gorgeous beaches combined with plenty of activities for tourists and visitors can make the area feel incredibly inviting. Unfortunately, not everyone in Miramar, from hotel owners to drivers on the roads, may exercise adequate precautions in ensuring that visitors and residents of the area avoid the risk of severe accidents.
Did you sustain injuries in an accident in Miramar due to the negligence of another party? You may deserve compensation for those injuries. The Miramar personal injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA aim to help our clients learn more about the compensation they may deserve and maximize that compensation as much as possible. Contact us to learn more about your rights following an accident caused by another party's negligence.
- Our Compassionate, Determined Miramar Personal Injury Lawyers
- Compensation in Miramar Personal Injury Claims: What to Expect
- Miramar Injuries: Common Causes
- Personal Injury Claims in Miramar: Common Types
- Dealing With the Insurance Company Following a Miramar Accident
- Miramar Personal Injury Lawyer FAQ
- Contact a Miramar Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Our Compassionate, Determined Miramar Personal Injury Lawyers
When you sustain severe injuries in any type of accident, you may find yourself struggling to figure out what to do next. Do you deserve compensation for those injuries? What can you do to maximize your odds of recovering reasonable compensation when you sustained those injuries due to someone else's negligence?
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we can help provide you with answers to those vital questions and guide you through your personal injury claim as effectively as possible.
Take a look at some of our past claim results:
- $6.7 million awarded in a wrongful death claim
- $5 million awarded in a personal injury claim
- $3.85 million awarded in a personal injury claim
- $3.2 million awarded in a personal injury claim
Our past results cannot guarantee the results of any future claim. But, when you choose to work with Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you get a team of attorneys with experience managing personal injury claims of multiple types; so you can feel more confident about the potential results of your claim.
Big Firm Results, Small Firm Feel
Do you worry about finding the support you need to take on big-name insurance companies following an accident? At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources necessary to handle those fights with even the big names in insurance.
Our team of attorneys can work aggressively to maximize the compensation you could recover for your injuries, helping to set you up for success as you learn more about your next steps and how to handle the potentially devastating impact of your injuries.
At the same time, we understand how difficult it can feel to manage your claim and handle all the limitations that may go along with your accident. We aim to make our clients feel heard, respected, and supported throughout the claim experience.
After an accident, you may have immense medical expenses, missing wages because you cannot return to work, and a host of financial challenges. The cost of hiring an attorney should not prevent you from accessing the legal support you deserve after a severe accident.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we start by offering personal injury clients a free consultation that helps us get a better feel for your case and provide you with much of the essential information you may need. Then, we accept many clients on a contingent fee basis: you pay when we win.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our personal injury lawyers make it easy for you to get the legal support you need. We have offices on both Florida coasts, making us highly accessible to our clients wherever they are. If you cannot come into the office in person, we make it easy to connect with us via a virtual meeting. Our attorneys aim to provide ready access, reasonable communication, and ongoing support as you manage your injury claim.
Compensation in Miramar Personal Injury Claims: What to Expect
When we talk to personal injury clients, they often want to know, “What is my personal injury claim worth?” The funds from your personal injury claim can make a huge difference in your life after that injury, especially as you manage the ongoing increase in expenses that can come from living with a serious injury.
Various factors can contribute to the compensation you may ultimately recover for your Miramar injuries.
- Who caused your accident? To determine how much compensation you could recover, we would start by looking at the insurance policy that covers the liable party. That insurance policy can provide vital insights into how much compensation you could ultimately obtain for your injuries.
- What injuries did you sustain in the accident? In most cases, more severe injuries will ultimately mean that you can recover more compensation for those injuries.
- What financial losses did you have after your accident? We can help you break down the full extent of the financial losses you faced as a direct result of your accident, which can provide you with better insights into how much compensation you should expect for those injuries.
- What non-financial losses did you sustain because of the accident? At Dolman Law Group, we aim to help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover as much as possible. We aim to include non-financial compensation as well as financial losses as part of a comprehensive injury claim.
Typically, personal injury claims in Miramar will contain the same essential elements. Your financial and non-financial losses in those areas can provide you with critical insights into the compensation you may realistically deserve for your injuries.
The cost of medical treatment for severe injuries can quickly rise higher than anticipated. Even minor injuries, like broken bones from a car accident, can result in high medical bills for many accident victims. In the case of more severe accidents, including slip and falls that result in traumatic brain injury or a broken hip for an elderly patient, those medical bills can rise even higher.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we can help you look at your current medical expenses and any future anticipated medical expenses related to your accident. Then, we can break down those medical costs to get a more comprehensive look at how much compensation you should pursue for your injuries.
Lost Income/Lost Earning Potential
Frequently, severe injuries will prevent you from returning to work as soon as you might have hoped. You may find yourself out of work for days, weeks, or even months as you recover from severe injuries. For many Miramar accident victims, that means a substantial loss of income that can cause immense financial strain.
At Dolman Law Group, we can help you look at how much money you have lost due to missed work because of your accident—whether that means work missed immediately after the accident, during your recovery, or because you had to miss work for appointments and other needs. Then, we can help you include those wage losses as part of a comprehensive injury claim.
Pain and Suffering
In the case of many accidents, you may face immense pain and emotional anguish in addition to the substantial financial losses that went along with the accident. Sometimes, that pain and suffering may mean ongoing emotional trauma. For example, if you lost a great deal of independence and strength after the accident, you may struggle with the loss of that independence and everything it means.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we aim to help our clients recover compensation for all their losses, including the ones that may not have a direct financial correlation. Our team of attorneys can work to help you identify the losses you may have faced after your accident, how they have impacted your life, and what struggles you may have had to contend with as a direct result of those losses.
Miramar Injuries: Common Causes
While most residents note that Miramar offers a safe place to live, it does have some hazards that can increase the risk of a severe injury.
Across the Miramar area, you may find hundreds, if not thousands, of hotels designed to cater to tourists. Unfortunately, you may notice that budget hotels and motels do not provide the same high standard of care to their guests and visitors. Even high-end hotels may not always offer the high standard of care that visitors might expect.
Miramar also sees a great deal of tourist traffic. Each year, millions of people go through the Miramar area. That high degree of tourist traffic can mean more people unfamiliar with the roads and more people who may take dangerous chances.
Miramar sees an estimated 64 inches of rain each year: well over the U.S. average of 38 inches. Heavy rain can pose its own challenges, including increased danger to buildings and roads. Property owners may need to carefully maintain their properties and take care of any required repairs after heavy rainfall.
High Senior Population
Miramar has a senior population that totals more than 10 percent of the total population. Seniors may have a higher risk for several common types of injuries, and may suffer more severe injuries when they have dangerous accidents. As a result, Miramar businesses, property owners, and residents may need to take additional precautions to help protect seniors in the area.
Personal Injury Claims in Miramar: Common Types
You may have grounds for a personal injury claim any time another party's negligence.
Common injuries may include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe lacerations
- Soft tissue damage
Injuries in Miramar can occur in many ways.
Talk to Dolman Law Group any time you have questions about your right to compensation after any type of accident, including:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective property accidents
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Medical malpractice
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we can help you recover compensation for an accident caused by the negligence of another party, even if that accident does not necessarily fit into a neat box that clearly lays out the compensation you should expect.
Dealing With the Insurance Company Following a Miramar Accident
Many people find dealing with the insurance company after a Miramar accident can be stressful. You may find yourself fighting with the insurance company to get acknowledgment of your injuries and the losses you have sustained, much less the total compensation you deserve. Insurance companies may use a variety of tactics to help reduce the compensation they have to pay out after a severe accident.
The insurance company may start with a low settlement offer: one that fails to reflect the full damages you have struggled with after the accident. Accepting that offer could prevent you from getting the full compensation you really need for your injuries.
Next, the insurance company may try to deny the full extent of your injuries or fight liability for the accident. If the insurance company can convince you to accept liability for any portion of the accident, it can reduce the compensation you can ultimately recover for your injuries.
Finally, the insurance company may try to drag out the process of compensating you for your injuries. As the insurance company drags out that process, it may wear down your determination to recover the compensation you deserve.
At Dolman Law Group, we understand the frustration of dealing with the insurance company, and we aim to help our clients avoid many of those potential snarls.
Miramar Personal Injury Lawyer FAQ
1. What should I do after suffering a severe injury in Miramar?
Dealing with the aftermath of any type of serious injury can mean a great deal of expense and a number of limitations on your personal life. The process you follow in the aftermath of that accident can have a heavy bearing on the compensation you can ultimately recover for your injuries, which may make it critical that you take steps to protect yourself and your right to compensation after the accident.
- Get a copy of any police report or accident report related to your Miramar accident. That may mean, for example, getting a copy of the accident report from a store after a premises liability accident. Check the report for any inaccuracies, especially serious problems that could change the outcome of your accident claim.
- Get in touch with an attorney as soon as possible. When you contact an attorney soon after your accident, the attorney can begin working on your behalf, helping you maximize the compensation you can recover for your injuries.
- Do not talk to the insurance company on your own. Instead, let an attorney deal with the majority of those interactions with the insurance company for you. An attorney can make it much easier to deal with the challenges the insurance company may throw in your way.
- Keep a file that contains all your medical bills and copies of any receipts for bills you may already have paid, including co-pay and deductible amounts. Your medical costs will form the foundation of your injury claim, so you need a clear, accurate record.
- Maintain copies of all your medical records, including scans and tests you may have had performed after the accident.
- Start a journal that goes over the details of your recovery from the accident, including what continuing limitations and challenges you might face. A serious accident can lead to several long-term limitations, and your recovery may not look the same as anyone else's. A journal can help lay out what losses you may have faced and how the accident has impacted you personally.
At Dolman Law Group, we aim to help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover after a devastating accident as much as possible. We help guide our clients through the most effective steps after the accident, including how they can protect themselves.
2. Who pays the medical bills after my Miramar accident?
Miramar offers several hospitals and urgent care centers, including Memorial Hospital and Jo DiMaggio Children's Hospital, where residents and visitors to Miramar can obtain medical treatment for the serious injuries they may have sustained in any type of accident. All those medical care facilities have one thing in common: they may charge high fees for medical treatment. Many accident victims find themselves wondering who actually has to pay for the bills for that treatment.
As the injured party, you will take personal liability for your injuries. However, that does not mean that you have no options for helping cover medical treatment costs after a serious accident.
Use your health insurance.
If you have health insurance, that insurance can provide vital assistance with much of the cost of medical treatment for severe injuries after an accident. You may need to talk to your health insurance provider to learn what coverage you have for specific types of care and how much compensation and assistance you can expect in dealing with your medical expenses.
In addition, if you suffered injuries in any type of car accident, you may have personal injury protection insurance to help cover the initial cost of your medical bills. All Florida vehicle owners must carry PIP insurance on their vehicles in addition to their liability coverage. That PIP insurance can offer considerable help with medical bills.
File an injury claim and use those funds to cover the cost of medical treatment.
If you suffer injuries in an accident due to another party's negligence, you may have the right to file an injury claim that will help you pursue compensation for those injuries. After a successful injury claim, the liable party will not have to pay your medical costs directly, but will need to offer compensation for your losses. You can then use the funds from your injury claim to pay for the cost of medical treatment.
3. Do I have to go to court to file a personal injury claim in Miramar?
Most of the time, personal injury claims in Miramar will settle out of court. Insurance companies generally do not want to go to court if they can avoid it. A prolonged court battle over an injury claim usually significantly increases the insurance company's overall costs to settle a claim by simply offering the injured party a reasonable settlement offer. However, in some cases, you may have to go to court to reach a reasonable resolution to your claim.
You may have greater odds of going to court if:
- You sustained severe injuries in the accident. Insurance companies often try to decrease the compensation they have to pay out for an injury claim as much as possible, and serious injuries often mean much higher medical bills. As a result, you may have a much harder fight to get the full compensation you deserve, including a possible court battle.
- The insurance company denies liability for the accident or tries to show that you caused or contributed substantially to the accident due to your own actions.
- Despite trying to negotiate, you cannot reach a reasonable resolution with the insurance company regarding your claim.
If you have to go to court to settle your claim, Dolman Law Group can help you protect your rights and present your claim in the most effective way possible. When you work with Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you can feel more confident about the outcome of your injury claim.
4. What should I do if the insurance company offers me a settlement after my Miramar accident? Do I have to accept an offer that does not fit my needs?
Often, the insurance company will start with a very low settlement offer that does not fully reflect the damages you sustained because of the accident, including the medical bills you faced and the wages you lost because of your injuries. Frequently, that settlement offer will arrive soon after the initial accident, when you may not yet have had a chance to get in touch with an attorney and do not know the full extent of the damages you will face as you manage your recovery.
You do not have to accept a settlement offer from the insurance company that does not fit your needs. You have the right to continue to pursue compensation based on your financial losses after the accident rather than accepting an offer that does not fit your needs.
If you receive a settlement offer from the insurance company, do not accept it immediately. Instead, contact Dolman Law Group to discuss that settlement offer and what it might mean for you long-term. We can help you take a closer look at what losses you have sustained and how the settlement offer compares. Then, we can help you continue to fight for the total compensation you may deserve.
5. How long does it take to resolve a Miramar injury claim?
You should expect it to take at least months to reach a satisfactory resolution for your Miramar injury claim. In the case of severe injuries or complex liability for an accident, it can take even longer to reach a satisfactory resolution.
First, the insurance company and your attorney must conduct a full investigation into the conditions that led to your accident and any details that could influence liability. Your attorney wants to identify all liable parties so that they can file a claim against each party that may share liability for your injuries. Meanwhile, the insurance company that covers the liable party may want to identify another party that may bear or share liability for the incident, which can help reduce the financial liability the insurance company bears.
Your lawyer will begin the investigative process in the early days of your recovery. In some cases, your lawyer may recommend that you wait until you have progressed reasonably far through your recovery before moving forward with your injury claim.
Right after your accident, you may not know what your long-term limitations will look like or how much your medical costs will grow before you recover. Your doctors may lack the ability to accurately predict what your long-term recovery will look like. Once you have had more time to recover, you may get a better idea of what your eventual bills will look like and, ultimately, of how much compensation you reasonably deserve for your injuries.
Once you have arrived at a reasonable understanding of your losses due to the accident, your attorney may file your claim, and the negotiation process can begin. The insurance company may come back with a low settlement offer several times as your lawyer shows the extent of your losses and the compensation you deserve for those injuries. Sometimes, that process can last for a long time. Your attorney can help you better understand what you should expect as you move forward with your claim, including how long to continue negotiations.
Finally, you may need to take your claim to court to reach a full resolution. Your attorney will let you know what to expect if your claim has to go to court, including how long it may take to reach a resolution when you have to go to court over your claim.
6. How do I know whether I have grounds for a personal injury claim in Miramar?
You have grounds for an injury claim when the negligence of another party, including either a personal or corporate entity, causes an accident that results in your injury.
A lawyer will look at several key factors to determine whether you have grounds for an injury claim in Miramar.
- Did the other party bear a duty of care to you at the time of the accident? A “duty of care” includes any duty to help keep you safe or to avoid the risk of a dangerous accident.
- Did the other party's negligence cause your accident? Negligence could include anything from failure to follow the rules of the road while driving to failing to take care of needed repairs around a property.
- Did you suffer injuries in the accident? A personal injury claim can help compensate you for the injuries you sustained in an accident. If you did not suffer injuries or damages due to the accident, you might not have the right to file a claim for compensation.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we can help you go over the conditions that led to your accident and give you a better idea of whether you may have the right to file an injury claim. Contact us for a free consultation that will help you learn more about your rights and the compensation you may deserve.
7. Can I file an injury claim in Miramar if I did not discover my injuries immediately after the accident?
When possible, you should always seek medical attention immediately after any serious accident. However, in some cases, you may get up after the accident and assume that you did not sustain serious injuries, only to discover later that you did, indeed, sustain injuries in the accident. You may still have the right to file an injury claim as long as you file your claim before the statute of limitations runs out.
Contact Dolman Law Group to discuss the conditions that led to your accident, the injuries you discovered, and how you can protect your right to compensation following those injuries.
Contact a Miramar Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Whether you sustained injuries in a Miramar car accident or ended up with injuries after a devastating premises liability accident, you may deserve compensation.
Do not try to handle the insurance company alone, which could increase your frustration and leave you struggling to get the total compensation you may deserve. Instead, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to discuss your right to compensation and learn more about how to protect those rights.
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!