- Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA: Comprehensive Legal Assistance for Miami Gardens Injury Victims
- Calculating Compensation for Your Miami Gardens Injury Claim
- Miami Gardens Injuries and Injury Claims: What You Need to Know
- Fighting With the Insurance Company After a Miami Gardens Accident
- What to Do After Your Miami Gardens Accident
- Miami Gardens Personal Injury FAQs
- Contact a Miami Gardens Personal Injury Lawyer Now to Discuss Your Claim
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA: Comprehensive Legal Assistance for Miami Gardens Injury VictimsDid you suffer injuries in an accident in Miami Gardens due to the negligence of another party? At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have a deep, personal understanding of the challenges that can accompany those devastating injuries. We aim to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve as they navigate complicated insurance claims.
We have helped many clients obtain the results they deserve.Look at some of our past claims and how we have aided our clients.
- $5 million awarded to a burn victim after a car accident
- $3.85 million awarded to a semi-truck accident victim with a brain injury
- $3.2 million awarded to a semi-truck accident victim with a brain injury
- $1.75 million awarded to a patient who required shoulder surgery and suffered a minor TBI
- $1.58 million awarded to an auto accident victim who suffered two herniated discs
We have the resources needed to help you fight.You may worry, after your accident, that the insurance company that covers the liable party will not provide you with the support you need after your accident. Big-name insurance providers may have the resources you need to resolve your claim satisfactorily, but they may not offer a settlement that fits your needs. They may fight against it. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources necessary to fight against those big-name insurance providers and help our clients keep their needs at the forefront of the claim process.
We offer compassionate legal support to our clients.At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand the suffering that often accompanies the claim process after a severe accident. Founding partner Matthew Dolman saw it personally when his father suffered a serious accident but struggled to get his lawyer to get back in touch with him or to get the insurance company to take the claim seriously. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we do not want our clients to feel they have to handle their claims alone. Instead, we provide comprehensive legal representation and compassionate support as we guide our clients through every aspect of the claim process. We aim to respond quickly and empathetically to our clients' issues, providing them with greater support as they navigate the road to compensation. Did you suffer severe injuries in a Miami Gardens accident due to the negligence of another party? Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today to discuss your right to compensation and how you can navigate your next steps.
Calculating Compensation for Your Miami Gardens Injury ClaimWhen you suffer serious injuries, you likely have equally serious bills to reflect the medical care you need and the steps you had to take after the accident. For many clients, “How much compensation can I get for my Miami Gardens accident?” tops the list of questions they need to answer after the accident. Multiple factors may affect the compensation you can ultimately recover for your injuries.
- Who caused the accident? A look at who bears liability for your Miami Gardens accident can go a long way toward determining how much compensation you should realistically expect for your injuries.
- What insurance policy covers the liable party, and what terms does it include? Your Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA lawyer can look over the insurance policy terms to give you a better idea of what compensation you can expect when you file your claim.
- What injuries did you suffer in your accident? Severe injuries often come along with high medical costs and a long road to recovery, all of which can factor into your injury claim.
Counting Your Medical CostsWhether you went to Jackson North Medical Center or pursued treatment at Las Mercedes Medical Center of Miami Gardens after your accident, you likely have high medical bills. To make it easier to calculate the medical cost of your injuries, keep up with your bills after the accident. Start a file that includes receipts for co-pay and deductible amounts and any incoming bills you will have to pay in the future. You can include most of the medical costs related to your accident as part of your Miami Gardens injury claim. Talk to your lawyer about the cost of durable medical equipment, ongoing physical or occupational therapy related to your injuries, and even how to include the cost of needed modifications to your home as part of your claim.
Calculating Wage LossesHow much income you lose due to your accident may depend on your job, your employer, and what type of injuries you sustained. However, many people who suffer catastrophic injuries will discover that they have devastating income losses. Wage losses can occur immediately after the accident when you cannot return to work because of your injuries or may occur later, as your injuries linger and prevent you from completing your former work tasks. You may have to modify your time at work to make it easier for you to complete your job duties without causing further injury, or you may miss time for follow-up appointments with your care provider. Talk to your attorney about the time you have missed at work because of your accident, including any vacation or sick time used to help maintain your income during recovery.
Adding Pain and SufferingAs the victim of a devastating Miami Gardens accident, you already know that the pain and suffering caused by the accident can cause just as much trauma as any financial loss. While your injury claim cannot restore what you lost because of the accident, it can provide you with some monetary compensation for that suffering. Talk to your lawyer about the suffering you have faced because of the accident and your injuries to learn more about how you can include it in your claim.
Miami Gardens Injuries and Injury Claims: What You Need to KnowIf you need to file a claim after a Miami Gardens accident, according to Florida law, you have up to four years to file that claim. However, do not wait for the statute of limitations before you move forward with your claim. Ideally, you should start progressing with your claim as soon as possible.
- In Florida, falls cause the largest number of accidental deaths each year, followed by motor vehicle accidents.
- Due to its larger population, Miami-Dade County sees some of the highest hospitalization rates in the state.
- Miami Gardens sees, on average, less than 20 fatal vehicle accidents per year.
Fighting With the Insurance Company After a Miami Gardens AccidentDealing with the insurance company after a devastating accident can leave you with more questions than answers. Unfortunately, the insurance company may not make it easy for you to get the total compensation you deserve. You may find yourself dealing with tactics designed to reduce the compensation the insurance company has to pay out.
- The insurance company may try to claim that the party it covers did not cause your accident. You may end up fighting to get the insurance company to accept liability.
- You may struggle to prove the full extent of your injuries based on the damages you sustained in the accident. The insurance company may try to deny the extent of your injuries or claim that you suffered the injuries at another time.
- The insurance company may pressure you to accept a low settlement offer that does not reflect the damages you sustained due to the accident.
What to Do After Your Miami Gardens AccidentAfter your Miami Gardens accident, you may have needed to make medical care your top priority. Often, the victims of serious accidents have to focus heavily on medical care in those early days. However, even as you focus on your medical needs, you may need to take steps to help protect your overall right to compensation.
- Get a copy of any report about the accident and ensure that it accurately reflects what occurred. Correct any misconceptions in the accident report.
- Do not talk to the insurance company yourself until you have had a chance to speak to an attorney about your accident.
- Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to discuss your right to compensation and how you can navigate your claim. Remember that the sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can start helping you.
- Keep track of all of your medical bills. Start a folder that documents everything you have spent on your medical care.
- Listen carefully to your doctors' instructions about how to recover from your injuries physically. That may mean avoiding certain activities and risks during your recovery, as well as taking part in specific exercises and activities designed to help increase your odds of making a full recovery. If you fail to follow your care provider's instructions, you may limit your recovery and the compensation you can seek for your injuries.
- Keep a journal about your recovery and the challenges you may face along the way. The journal can prove valuable as you establish the progression of your recovery and the challenges you faced along the way.
Miami Gardens Personal Injury FAQsAny time you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, you may have questions about your right to compensation and how you can pursue it. Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to discuss your right to compensation after an accident.
1. How do I know if I have the right to file an injury claim in Miami Gardens?You may have the right to file an injury claim any time someone else's negligence causes you to suffer an accident that results in injuries. That can mean:
- Auto accidents, including motorcycle or pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability accidents, including incidents like slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Dog attacks
Did the party that caused your accident bear a duty of care to you?Sometimes, you can clearly define a “duty of care” by proximity. For example, drivers on the road bear a duty of care to the other drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcyclists who share the road with them and must exercise due caution to reduce the risk of a devastating accident. Other times, you may identify the duty of care based on the role performed by the party that caused your accident: a business owner, for example, might bear a duty of care to anyone who visits his property.
Did the party that caused your accident violate the duty of care?The extent to which the liable party violates their duty of care may depend on several vital factors related to your accident. In some cases, that violation may occur due to simple negligence: grocery store staff might fail to clean up a spilled bottle of juice or milk, leading to a dangerous slip and fall, for example. In other cases, that violation might occur due to the overall carelessness of the liable party: a driver who chooses to text and drive, for example.
Did you suffer injuries due to the other party's negligence?To file an injury claim in Miami Gardens, you will need to show that you sustained injuries due to the liable party's act of negligence or violation of the duty of care. You cannot file an injury claim simply because a hazard existed. For example, suppose that you noticed the spilled juice at the grocery store and carefully navigated it, avoiding a fall. You would not have the right to file an accident claim because you did not have any type of accident or suffer any injuries due to that negligence. If you have questions about whether you may have the right to file an injury claim after a Miami Gardens accident, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to review your injuries and the conditions that led to your accident. We can help you evaluate what caused your accident and whether you have the right to file an injury claim.
2. When should I contact a lawyer after a Miami Gardens accident?Florida law allows injury victims up to four years to file a claim following any type of injury caused by the negligence of another party. However, you should not allow the statute of limitations to run out before you move forward with your injury claim. Instead, contact a lawyer as soon after your accident as possible. When you have a lawyer working on your behalf, that lawyer can help you deal with many of the challenges you may face as you manage your injury claim. For example, your lawyer can help you determine how much compensation you deserve, which may make it easier for you to avoid inadvertently accepting a settlement offer that does not include the compensation you need. Our lawyers can also guide your early interactions with the insurance company, which can help streamline those interactions and make you feel more prepared to deal with any challenges you may face.
3. How do I know if I need a lawyer to deal with my Miami Gardens injury claim?Any time you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, you may need a lawyer to help provide you with essential advice that can help you navigate that claim. Start with a free consultation. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we will use that consultation to go over the conditions that led to your accident and the injuries you suffered, then help you determine whether you have the right to move forward with a claim and what compensation you might expect as part of that claim. Many people choose not to bring in a lawyer early in the claim process. They may feel they do not need an attorney to deal with their injury claims or worry that working with an attorney will carry a higher price tag than they can afford. If you choose not to contact a lawyer immediately, you may notice several clear signs that you need a personal injury attorney to come in and help you with your case.
You struggle to get the insurance company to communicate with you after your Miami Gardens accident.You may have taken all the necessary steps right after your accident. You talked to the insurance company and reported the claim. You asked for compensation for the injuries you sustained. You provided any necessary paperwork. The insurance company, however, may not reply to your communications. You may end up spending a long time on hold or struggle to get essential answers to the questions you may have about your claim and your right to compensation. You might struggle to get the insurance company to call you back. You may not even receive a settlement offer within a reasonable timeframe after your accident. If you struggle to get reasonable answers from the insurance company, a personal injury lawyer can make it much easier to get those essential responses. Furthermore, a personal injury lawyer can take on those communications on your behalf, which may help you feel more relaxed during the claim process.
The insurance company issues a settlement offer that fails to reflect your actual needs or losses.At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we work with our clients to lay out all the damages they sustained from the accident and put them together as part of a compelling injury claim. We want to help our clients identify all their financial losses to help ensure they get compensation for them. Unfortunately, the insurance company may not have the same priorities. The insurance company often wants to avoid paying out more compensation than necessary for your injuries. As a result, you may struggle to have your needs acknowledged. The insurance company may even pressure you to accept a settlement offer that does not reflect your losses and needs. If you are facing a settlement offer that does not seem to include reasonable compensation for your injuries, consult an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your rights. The right attorney can help you fight for the total compensation you deserve.
The insurance company denies liability for the accident.You know who caused your accident, including what negligence may have gone into that process. Unfortunately, the insurance company refuses to accept it. You may struggle to get reasonable compensation because the insurance company refuses to accept liability for the accident. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we strive to help Miami Gardens accident victims establish liability for their injuries so they can pursue the compensation they deserve.
The insurance company insists you did not sustain the injuries you claimed in the accident.The insurance company may use several strategies to reduce its financial liability after your accident. In one common tactic, the insurance company will try to claim that you do not deserve compensation for your injuries based on the facts surrounding those injuries. The insurance company may:
- Claim that you did not sustain those injuries.
- Claim that your injuries occurred at another time rather than during the accident caused by the party it covers.
- Try to show that you have not suffered the limitations you claim due to the accident and your injuries.
4. I did not realize that I had suffered injuries during my Miami Gardens accident, so I did not seek medical attention immediately. Can I still file a claim?Sometimes, you may walk away from an accident, assuming no severe injuries occurred. Maybe you slipped and fell at a store but got up without realizing that you had anything worse than bruises. Perhaps you had a car accident but did not realize that you had sustained significant injuries. In general, you should try to get medical care as soon after any accident as possible. Have a doctor look you over to ensure you did not suffer serious injuries. Many injuries can go unnoticed after the accident due to the adrenaline and endorphins often produced under dangerous circumstances. However, even if you did not seek immediate medical attention, you may still have the right to file an injury claim. Keep in mind that proving when your injuries occurred may prove more difficult. Talk to a lawyer about how to establish the evidence needed for your injury claim if you failed to seek medical attention immediately, but later discovered injuries from the accident.
5. What should I do about my medical bills after a Miami Gardens accident?As the injured party in a Miami Gardens accident, you must make arrangements to take care of any medical bills associated with the accident. The funds from an injury claim can help you pay those bills but will not require the liable party to take care of your medical costs directly. If you cannot pay those bills while you wait for a settlement check, talk to your lawyer about whether a letter of protection can help prevent those bills from going to collections and establish your intent to pay.
6. Will I have to go to court over a Miami Gardens injury claim?Most of the time, Miami Gardens injury claims settle out of court. Going to court may significantly increase legal costs for the insurance company, so the insurance company generally wants to avoid going to court over your case if possible. However, sometimes, you may need to go to court to get the resolution you need for your claim. Talk to your lawyer about your likelihood of going to court and how your lawyer can provide the representation you need to present your claim properly.
7. How long does an accident claim in Miami Gardens take to settle?You should allow several months to resolve your Miami Gardens accident claim. You will need time for:
- Your recovery, since your medical costs and eventual losses will influence the compensation you can recover.
- The investigation period. Both your lawyer and the insurance company will need to investigate all the details that led to your accident. It may take longer to investigate your accident claim in cases where collecting evidence proves difficult.
- Negotiation. As part of most injury claims, you will have to negotiate with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. Many rounds of negotiation may extend the length of your claim.