From our office location, the nearby Countryside Mall is just one of the many shopping centers in the Tampa Bay area that attract tons of visitors each day. Assuming it’s actually open, this mall is expected to contain at least a couple hundred people during the week, and that number only inflates during the weekend. With that said, you can probably imagine how danger lurks around every corner. While malls aren’t exactly viewed as a big hazard for personal safety, they’ve definitely had their fair share. With the multiple floors, countless amounts of escalators, and the inherently higher chance for spills and wet floors, your spontaneous trip to the mall could land you (or a loved one) in the emergency room for the rest of the night; if it hasn’t already.
So what makes the mall different from any other store? Volume. Unlike your local gas station where people are in and out in a jiffy, mall visitors often spend long periods of time on the property. Because of the length of their visit, they’re more likely to make a mistake within that time period. Whether that mistake is spilling their drink all over the food court floor, knocking over a shelf in a cramped store, or crashing in the aggressively fast-paced parking lot, they can all lead to serious injuries. When you become aware of certain non-obvious hazards, it could benefit your well-being in the near future.
Types of injuries you can get in the mall
With that said, and in an effort to further prevent mall injuries to create a more pleasant atmosphere, Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA has compiled a list of different hazards that you may encounter.
- Slip Hazards: Spilled liquids; leaking equipment, containers, or air vents/conditions; slippery entrances and walkways (from the rainy Florida days); etc.
- Trip Hazards: Dropped merchandise; wires, cords, ropes; stairs, escalators; etc.
- Falling Object(s): In-store shelves, merchandise, furniture, decor, and more; Negligently dropped or thrown objects from a higher floor; etc.
- Automobile Accident: The in-store train that drives around; parking lots accidents; etc.
- Defective Machinery/Equipment: Any equipment or machines (which you have a right to use) such as photo-booths or arcade games that somehow injure you.
- Inadequate Security: Your losses could stem from the criminal acts of another; acts which were only allowed to happen because the security in the mall was poor. Public places have a standard of care which they must meet; etc.
How can I recover from a mall injury?
The type of injury received and how the alleged liable party was negligent will determine which category of tort law your claim or case will fall under. Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA is a comprehensive personal injury firm, so no matter the category of tort law, you can be confident that we’re here to help. Here are some category(s) your claim or case will be generalized as, along with some real-world mall injury examples.
- Product Liability: If a defective, misleading, or malfunctioning product injures you, it will fall under product liability law.
- Premises Liability: This deals with situations where a premises (and its owner(s)/caretaker(s)) owed a duty of care to the attendees and failed to meet said expectations.
- Assault/Sexual Assault: If your losses relate to being assaulted or sexually assaulted by another person because the premises was inadequately secured, this will also fall under premises liability, holding the owner(s) responsible for their lack of protection measures.
- Slip-and-Fall: Once again, these types of injuries usually fall back on the owner(s) of the premises, assuming that they knew (or should have known) about said slip or trip hazard and had the opportunity to correct it on more than one occasion.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA: Speak with an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney for free Today!
Accidents are going to happen, and unfortunately, the severity of any injuries sustained in an accident are not up for debate. A wrongfully injured party is never given the chance to choose how much he or she wants to suffer. There’s nothing sadder than seeing someone suffer for a choice they didn’t even make. That’s why we offer the legal services that we do; because helping is not only the right thing to do, but it is often times very much needed by a suffering person.
Here at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we strive to be the helping hand that pulls you out of a rough situation involving injuries and negligence. Medical bills start piling up; things can really get out of control. If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence and you need help, you shouldn’t hesitate to get in touch with one of our aggressive attorneys as soon as possible. If you’ve experienced any physical, mental, emotional, or financial losses because another person expressed a lack of care, you may be eligible for significant financial compensation. For a free consultation and case evaluation, contact us through the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA website or give us a call at 727-451-6900.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33756