If you or your child was sexually assaulted or harassed while using the online social site called Omegle, you may qualify to file an Omegle lawsuit and recover compensation for your injuries.
A Houston Omegle lawsuit lawyer with Dolman Law Group can help you build your case and pursue compensation on your behalf. We offer all our clients a free consultation to start the process.
What You Need to Know About Omegle
Here is an overview of the online platform, Omegle:
- Omegle was sued for providing a platform that allowed minors to be exposed to indecent content.
- On their platform, Omegle pairs strangers up anonymously but provides little security against predators or scammers.
- Since the pairings are random, children can be matched with adults.
- They have an adults-only section but offer no age verification.
- The company was ordered to pay millions of dollars in damages, per American Post.
- Omegle has denied any wrongdoing and plans to appeal the ruling.
The case has drawn attention to the dangers of using unsecured chat platforms online. If you’re concerned about your cyber-safety or privacy after talking to strangers on Omegle, our lawyers can review your case.
Who Can File a Houston Omegle Lawsuit?
In most personal injury cases, you must prove that the liable party acted negligently, carelessly, or recklessly, leading to your injuries. You may also prove that the defendant owed you the duty of care. For Omegle lawsuits, you can argue that the company failed to provide adequate security to prevent underage users from accessing explicit materials.
Other claims could include:
- Sexual harassment
- Violation of privacy
- Assault and battery
While no amount of money can change what’s happened to you, a financial settlement can empower victims of Omegle’s negligence and carelessness to get their life back.
What to Do If You’ve Been Harassed or Assaulted By Someone on Omegle
If you have been sexually harassed, assaulted, or cyber-attacked on Omegle, it is important to take action. Here are some steps to follow:
- Talk to someone you trust about what happened.This person can be a friend, family member, religious leader, or therapist. Talking about the experience can help you process it and provide some relief.
- Seek professional help.If you are struggling to cope with the experience, or if it is impacting your daily life, consider seeking professional help. There are many therapists who specialize in sexual assault and harassment.
- Report the incident to authorities.If you feel comfortable doing so, report the incident to the police. It can help protect others from being harmed by the perpetrator.
- Join a support group.There are many support groups available for survivors of sexual harassment, assault, and cyber-attacks. These groups can provide you with invaluable support and resources.
- Take care of yourself.Don’t blame yourself for what happened. Do what you need to take care of yourself emotionally and physically. This self-care may include exercise, relaxation techniques, and healthy eating.
- Consult one of our lawyers.Get a free consultation with our firm. We understand what you’re going through and can seek financial compensation for your damages.
The aftermath of suffering sexual harassment, assault, or cyber-attack can be difficult. However, by following these steps, you can get the help and support you need to heal and move on.
Houston Omegle Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Do You Need an Omegle Lawsuit Lawyer to Help You Seek Justice and Awards?
You are not required to hire a Houston Omegle lawsuit lawyer, but having one will provide you with some relief. They can take over all the legalities of your case while you take care of yourself.
A Houston Omegle lawsuit lawyer at our firm can:
- Collect and analyze evidence for your case
- Interview witnesses and experts
- Review police and medical reports
- Prepare and file paperwork
- Handle communication with Omegle and their legal team
- Calculate your damages
- Negotiate for a settlement
- Represent your case if it goes to trial
Accept the Settlement Offer You Deserve
Once you’ve filed your case, a representative from Omegle might want to meet you and discuss an out-of-court settlement. Usually, the first offer is much lower than the one you deserve.
It’s tempting to take it because they can make you feel like you don’t have a choice. However, you always do, and an attorney at our firm can help you see that. We can stand up for you to ensure that you receive your rightful settlement. Your lawyer will be with you every step of the way.
File Your Omegle Lawsuit on Time
Those filing a lawsuit against Omegle are given a certain amount of time. According to Marsha’s Law, victims generally have 10 years after their 18th birthday or 10 years after reasonably discovering the injury or abuse to hold the liable party accountable.
The government strictly enforces these deadlines, so meeting them is crucial to your case. Otherwise, you will no longer be eligible to seek a financial recovery. However, with our lawyers on your side, we will work to ensure you comply with these timelines.
Quantify All of Your Damages
A lawyer at our firm will help you form a solid strategy for your Omegle lawsuit. In case of the development of new information, your attorney will keep you in the loop. The goal is to work together to cover damages like:
- Mental health care
- Medical treatment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost income
As you continue to recover or help your child recover, having someone fighting your legal battles can lighten this financial and emotional burden.
Our Omegle Attorneys Won’t Take a Payment Unless They Win Your Case
Our law firm operates on a contingency-fee basis. With no upfront costs or fees, you won’t have to spend a dime until you recover compensation. We’ll agree on a final percentage in advance, so there won’t be any surprises. The advantage of this option is that you always have your lawyer’s full attention. After all, your loss is theirs.
For a free legal consultation with a omegle lawsuit lawyer serving Houston, call 833-552-7274
Contact Dolman Law Group to Help You File Your Houston Omegle Lawsuit
At Dolman Law Group, we focus on helping our clients, including ones willing to file Omegle lawsuits. We are not afraid to take on any company.
Contact us today to receive your free case evaluation.