If you were injured in a collision with an uninsured motorist, you have options for compensation. Under Florida’s no-fault provisions, you can recover damages even if the other driver is uninsured. In this situation, you file a claim with your own insurer. Yet, that is often easier said than done.
Dolman Law Group has a team of Florida uninsured motorist accident lawyers ready to pursue compensation for your losses. We will manage everything your case requires to reach a fair outcome. We also offer free case reviews where you can explore partnering with our team at no obligation.
What’s a “Free Case Review”?
Your free case review is your chance to explore partnering with our team. Here, you can ask questions about your situation, including what you can recover. You can also learn about:
- How we manage cases on a contingency-fee basis
- What you can expect from your lawyer
- Our track record of success
- What you can recover through an insurance claim
You Can Recover Compensation Even If the Other Motorist Is Uninsured
Although every motorist in Florida must carry insurance, not everyone follows this rule. In fact, the Insurance Information Institute (III) notes that Florida ranked sixth in the nation for uninsured motorists in 2019. Still, you have options for recovering damages in an accident.
Depending on how you recover compensation, your damages could include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral expenses
Your compensable losses will depend on the insurance policy, the extent of your financial losses, and other variables. You might be able to recover compensation from your:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) policy
- Your uninsured motorist (UM) policy
- The other driver directly
Florida Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
What You Can Expect from Our Legal Team
After evaluating your situation, your lawyer will:
Review Your Insurance Policy
When we evaluate your coverage options, we will examine:
- What you’re entitled to recover
- What you need to account for your past, present, and future losses
- The details of the accident (including your percentage of fault, if applicable)
Determine What Constitutes a Fair Settlement
We will review your medical bills, employment records, and other related information to determine what you’re owed. That way, we can negotiate a fair settlement with the liable insurer.
Abide by All Necessary Deadlines
Your insurance company will have its own deadlines for processing and accepting claims. We don’t want to miss any of these deadlines. Missing your filing period could impede your right to recover compensation.
We will also file your case within the state’s statutory deadline if a lawsuit becomes necessary. You could have anywhere from two to four years to file your case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. This depends on whether you personally suffered harm or lost a loved one.
Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
By offering help on a contingency-fee basis, we provide legal aid with no income barriers.
We don’t charge anything unless we resolve your case. Payment for our help will come from your financial award.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist accidents lawyer serving Florida, call 833-552-7274
We Will Protect You from Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Insurance companies must evaluate claims in good faith. However, not all do. They may instead employ bad faith insurance practices, which are meant to derail valid claims.
Some examples of these strategies include:
- Failing to respond to your inquiries and messages
- Offering less than you’re entitled to
- Pressuring you into accepting less than you need
- Providing misleading or incorrect information
- Unjustly accusing you of causing the accident
- Delaying your case
- Denying your claim without a valid reason
We will use your case’s evidence, the liable insurance policy, and our network of resources to advocate for what you need.
Questions and Answers About Uninsured Motorist Claims in Florida
Here are some questions you may have about the claims process:
What Insurance Companies Does Our Team Deal With?
We deal with all types of insurance companies, both big and small. Previously, we’ve settled cases with:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Will My Insurance Rates Go Up If I File a Claim?
Whether your insurance rates go up after filing a claim depends on your situation. If it’s clear that the other driver caused your collision, the insurer may not raise your rates. However, if it thinks you’re partially responsible for what happened, it may charge you more each month.
Can I File a Lawsuit Against the At-Fault Driver?
You can file a lawsuit against the other driver if an insurance settlement doesn’t work out. However, as noted, you must do so before the statute of limitations expires.
What do Previous Clients Have to Share About Dolman Law Group?
When asked about their experience working with our team, previous clients have shared:
- “These are great people, ethical people, and they advocated for me. I’d recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA and really no one else.” – Bonnie
- “Mr. Dolman knows the law. I am very selective who I refer clients to, as it is also a reflection on my practice. I continue to refer clients to Mr. Dolman because he treats my clients with great compassion and explains the process in simple terms. He achieves the results that make the clients.” – Daniel
We Offer Resources To Injured Claimants in Florida
During this challenging time, we offer more than legal services. We also offer resources, such as:
- Our podcast. We talk about all types of legal matters on our podcast, including those on the worldwide stage.
- Our frequently asked questions page. If you have questions about personal injury law, we’ve got answers. You can even get the answer to: “How do you negotiate a settlement with an insurance claims adjuster?”
- Our blog. Our blog does more than discuss topical matters; it also shares who we are as a law firm.
Begin Your Free Case Review Now
Dolman Law Group is prepared to manage your insurance claim in Florida. To begin your free case review with our injury team, call us now.