Enfamil is a baby formula made by Mead Johnson. Currently, Enfamil is not under recall by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is considered safe. But there are several other powdered infant formulas currently under an FDA recall because they have been linked to bacterial infections in five babies.
While Enfamil is not under the current recall, parents should be aware of any side effects or changes in their infant after consuming Enfamil baby formula. If your baby becomes ill after drinking Enfamil baby formula, seek medical attention right away. You may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against the company that makes it.
Possible Side Effects from Consuming Powdered Baby Formula
Generally, baby formula is not dangerous and should not pose any health risks for an infant. However, Enfamil is a cow milk-based formula that studies show some infants may be allergic to. Possible health concerns from consuming powdered baby formula may include:
- Life-threatening symptoms like swelling of the throat and mouth, hives, and vomiting
- A severe condition known as necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). Necrotizing enterocolitis is an intestinal infection with a high fatality rate among premature babies. It can cause an infection that attacks the intestine, according to Cleveland Clinic research.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also warns about a rare infection called Chronobacter, which has also been linked to some powdered baby formulas. Cronobacter can cause diarrhea and urinary tract infections in all ages but can be very serious in infants.
Do I Need an Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer for Help?
If you believe there is a link between your baby's illness and consumption of Enfamil, you may have a basis for filing a lawsuit against the company that makes the formula. Minor infections can accelerate quickly. For this reason, it is essential to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after learning about your infant's ailment.
One of the main reasons for contacting an Enfamil lawsuit lawyer is that they will assess the viability of your case right away. Additionally, it gives them ample time to gather evidence, file the required documents on time, and prepare to fight for you in court if necessary.
FAQs About Filing an Enfamil Lawsuit
When filing an Enfamil lawsuit, it's critical to know your legal options and build a strong base on the evidence. Here are some considerations to make when filing an Enfamil lawsuit:
Do I Have a Claim?
Every Enfamil baby formula case is different. But it is critical to remember that there are requirements for filing a lawsuit. A lawyer can investigate what happened and determine liability. They will have to prove the formula caused your infant's illness or injuries. In addition to assessing your case's validity, a lawyer will be familiar with the laws that apply to your case and what deadlines are applicable.
How Is Liability Determined in an Enfamil Claim?
- The Manufacturer—they're typically liable for the infant's ailments after consuming their product. The manufacturer is aware of the product's effects on infants but fails to recall the product or put a disclaimer on the product's packaging.
- Hospital Staff—if they knowingly feed an infant Enfamil and it leads to an infection, you may have a valid medical malpractice claim against the hospital, staff member, or health care provider.
There may be several parties liable in your Enfamil baby formula case. An attorney who handles these types of cases can analyze the details of your case and determine the best path to take.
What Evidence Do I Need for My Claim?
Evidence is the backbone of any lawsuit. For this reason, your lawyer may ask you to submit copies of supportive documents to prove that your infant suffered an illness or infection after consuming Enfamil. These documents may include:
- Videos or photos of the infant before and after consumption
- Witness statements
- Medical reports showing which type of formula the infant consumed
- Records of medical expenses showing costs incurred due to the infant's aliment
- Purchasing receipts and product packages
Recoverable Compensation in an Enfamil Baby Formula Case
If your infant suffers an infection after consuming Enfamil, you could be entitled to compensation for your damages. Based on the circumstances of your case, you could be eligible to recover:
- Medical costs (current and future)
- Loss of wages (due to time off work to take care of your baby)
- Wrongful death if you lost a child due to contaminated baby formula
If you lost a child due to illness from consuming Enfamil baby formula, you have our sincere and deepest sympathies. You may qualify to file a wrongful death action against the manufacturer or other liable party. Our team member can discuss the details of your case during a free consultation.
Call Dolman Law Group for Help with Your Case Today
You don't have to suffer in silence if your infant suffers an illness after consuming Enfamil baby formula. Contact the Dolman Law Group to seek justice and compensation for your infant's injuries and your pain and suffering.
Call to speak to a team member today during your free case evaluation.