Property owners have the legal obligation to keep their premises in a safe condition, whether they own a store, another type of business, a residential complex, or a recreational establishment. When a property or business owner fails to keep up the property or eliminate hazards, accidents and injuries can occur. Victims of these injuries have the right to bring a legal claim against the negligent party under premises liability law.
Every premises liability claim will be unique and you need a law firm ready to stand up for your rights in your specific situation. If you have been injured in Doral, Florida, please contact the Doral Premises Liability Lawyers at the law firm of Sibley Dolman to discuss how we may be able to assist you.
Common Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability law can be applied to many types of personal injury and accident claims. The following are some examples of accidents that may lead to this type of case.
- Slip and falls – People slip and fall down every day. Sometimes, you can get right up and go on with your day, maybe a little embarrassed but otherwise, fine. However, some slip and falls can result in serious and even life-changing injuries. These can include traumatic brain injuries, neck and back injuries, broken hips, and more. Slip and falls are common in stores and businesses that do not take adequate care to eliminate dangerous hazards, such as water or debris on the floor.
- Falls from heights – There are many risks that cause people to fall from a higher place down to a lower level. Falls down stairs, off ledges or balconies, off ladders, and off roofs are only some situations in which someone can get seriously injured by falling from a high place. Even falling a few feet from the ground can cause severe injuries, including head trauma, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones. Often people fall because a property or business owner did not properly maintain the premises.
- Construction site accidents – Both construction workers and others can be injured due to the many hazards on construction sites. Falls, getting struck by falling objects, and electrical accidents are all common events on construction sites, and they result in injuries or even death. Whether you are working on a construction site, walking by, or driving by a road work site, you are at risk of being injured in a serious accident.
- Swimming pool and spa accidents – There are many, many swimming pools and spas throughout the Doral area. Whether a pool or spa is public, at a country club or resort, or at a private home, any negligence on the part of pool owners can cause serious injuries and even fatal drowning. People can slip and fall into a pool, unattended children may wander into an unsecured pool, drain accidents and diving board accidents can occur, and much more.
- Dog bites – Many households in Doral, Florida have dogs – and many have multiple dogs. Dogs can be a wonderful part of our families but you should never forget that they are animals and can bite or attack humans when least expected. Dog bites can cause disfigurement, dangerous infections, broken bones or torn muscles, puncture wounds, and more. Even if a dog has never bitten anyone before, Florida law holds dog owners liable for injuries caused by their animals in most situations.
- Hotel and resort accidents – With its close proximity to the airport and many amenities, it is no surprise that many people choose to stay in hotels and resorts in Doral. While hotels and resorts want their guests to have a comfortable and convenient stay, many accidents and injuries can occur to both guests and staff. Hotel accidents can include slip and falls, falls down stairs, assaults from inadequate security, swimming pool accidents, and food poisoning, among others.
- Escalator and elevator accidents – Escalators and elevators can be found in many establishments, including shopping malls, hotels, office buildings, and apartment or condo complexes. These complicated machines may be convenient for people to avoid climbing stairs, but there is also a high risk that something could go wrong and cause injuries. Both escalator and elevators accidents have resulted in catastrophic and life-threatening injuries.
- Theme park accidents – Anyone who has been to Florida knows how many theme parks are around. People visit theme parks to attend shows, ride exciting rides, eat delicious food, and generally have a good time. Unfortunately, a theme park visit can quickly take a wrong turn if you are involved in an accident. Terrifying accidents can happen on rides or if something goes wrong with an exhibit or show. Slip and falls are also common, as are injuries due to inadequate security.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
Premises liability cases often begin with an insurance claim against the negligent business or property owner. This may include a claim with a homeowner’s insurance policy or a general liability policy of a business, among others. Our attorneys can identify which party should be held responsible for your medical bills and other losses and file the right insurance claim in your case.
We handle every aspect of your insurance claim, which can be surprisingly complicated. If an insurance claim does not result in a sufficient settlement offer, we can pursue a premises liability lawsuit in civil court. We know how to present evidence of both liability for the accident and the extent of your losses, and we always pursue the most successful outcome for every one of our clients.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Doral Premises Liability Law Firm Today
Suffering an unexpected injury due to a hazard on someone else’s property can disrupt your life and result in extensive losses. At Sibley Dolman, we regularly seek recovery for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more for accident victims. We can evaluate your rights for free, and consultations are always obligation-free. These cases can be complicated and evidence can disappear with time, so the sooner you call, the sooner we can start on your claim. Please call 305-930-7688 or contact us online for more information.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“My experience with this law firm has been extremely pleasant. After being involved in an accident where I was injured, I was able to seek treatment from the best doctors in the area. I was lucky to have a team that assisted in scheduling my appointments that worked around both my full time work schedule and my demanding grad school schedule. Even with a move out of state to New York, I was able to remain with this law firm and continue treatment in south Florida while remaining under the care of the doctors that I felt most comfortable with. Even though I suffered injuries and experienced difficulties in that aspect, the team here was able to make sure that I was able to continue work and stay on track with grad school all while I moved to a new state.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!