Did your child suffer an injury because of an error that occurred during labor and delivery?
Perhaps your baby suffered complications after an emergency c-section?
No matter how your child's birth injuries occurred, you need a Doral birth injury attorney on your side from the very start. Your attorney will need to examine your case closely to determine if medical malpractice played a part in your baby's injuries. Talking to an attorney from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today could be the first step to obtain compensation for your child's injury and suffering.
A baby can bring joy—but also stress due to the multitude of risks that both the mother and child may face. Pregnancy, labor, and delivery can put stress on the human body, and many complications may risk a mother's life or injure a child—sometimes permanently.
Medical professionals play important roles from the first moment a woman learns she is pregnant until they secure the health of mother and baby. Any mistake can cause life-altering harm to patients. If a birth injury victimized you or your child, do not delay in discussing what happened, or your important legal rights, with a highly experienced Doral birth injury attorney.
The Doral Birth Injury Attorneys at the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA has a thorough understanding of Florida medical malpractice laws and the standard of care women and babies can expect from medical professionals. We represent clients who suffered injuries during the birth process and we are here if you need help. Call today to discuss a possible case for free.
Why Choose Our Doral Birth Injury Attorneys?
If your child suffered a Doral birth injury and you think it was caused by negligence, please contact a birth injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today. Our lawyers understand how traumatic a birth injury can be for families. We know that your child may now suffer serious and permanent disabilities as a result of a medical professional's negligence. While we can't undo the harm done to you and your child, we can help you secure the financial compensation you will need to provide the best care for them throughout their lives.
Our Doral birth injury attorneys have helped families throughout Florida collect millions after a horrific birth injury accident. Our Doral injury attorneys work quickly to establish liability and gather the evidence needed to win these complex cases. Through it all, we provide compassionate and strong legal guidance every step of the way.
We have provided legal counsel in a variety of Doral birth injury cases, including:
- Facial paralysis
- Oxygen deprivation
- Cerebral palsy
- Cephalohematoma or bleeding under a cranial bone
- Nerve damage to the upper spine and neck
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured collarbone
Our injury law firm has many locations throughout Florida, and the Doral office is conveniently located at 8400 NW 36th St. Suite 450. We are located just across the street from Hotel Miami Holiday Inn, and one block south of NW 36th St. and four blocks from Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. Our Doral birth injury attorneys offer a complimentary consultation and review, and we can meet you anywhere, including your home, your hospital room, and even virtually at this time.
Please call (727) 451-6900 today to schedule your free and confidential consultation.
Filing a Doral Birth Injury Lawsuit
- Filing a Personal Injury Claim.When filing a Doral birth injury lawsuit, the first step is to file the initial personal injury claim. A Doral birth injury lawyer from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA will file with the court in the county where the injury occurred.
- Meet Deadlines. It's important that we adhere to the statute of limitations in Florida for your case. You have two years from the date of the birth injury to file your claim.
- Waiting for Response. The next part of the birth injury lawsuit is waiting for a response from the defendant. Usually, the healthcare facility or physician has 30 days to answer. The defendant will either accept the personal injury claim and start negotiations with your attorney. If they deny it, you can take the defendant to court to fight for compensation for your child's birth injury.
- Constructing Your Birth Injury Case. As you're waiting for the defendant to answer your complaint, you and our Doral birth injury attorneys will go to work on constructing your case.
- Collecting Evidence. Our law firm will collect all of the evidence that is available to prove that your child was injured during birth. You must prove negligence on the part of the doctor or healthcare practice. Some of the evidence that can be included is your child's medical records, pictures of injuries, eyewitness statements, previous complaints against the doctor or health care facility, and medical expert testimony.
- Settlement Negotiations. The next part of your claim is settlement negotiations with the health care facility or physician. Most birth injury claims reach a settlement without going to court, so hiring a skilled attorney to represent you during the settlement negotiations will greatly increase the odds of coming to a compromise without having to go to trial.
- Collecting Compensation. Compensation you can receive in a birth injury claim includes medical costs, physical therapy expenses, special, special education costs, and other economic damages.
How Birth Injuries in Doral Take Place
Not all patients can avoid every birth injury, and not all birth injuries result from medical mistakes or misconduct. However, errors on the part of a doctor, nurse, or another professional attending to a pregnant woman or child regularly cause birth injuries.
Common causes of birth injuries include:
- Failing to conduct proper prenatal testing or provide proper prenatal care
- Not identifying the potential for certain complications during birth
- Not placing a mother on bed rest when needed to protect her and the baby
- Prescribing medications for a mother that may cause a baby harm
- Not planning a C-section due to possible birth complications
- Failing to closely monitor the vital signs of a woman and baby during labor and delivery
- Not taking swift action if any vital signs indicate possible distress
- Allowing labor to continue for too long
- Sending a mother home when labor is too advanced
- Improperly using forceps or a vacuum to assist with a birth
- Pulling or twisting too hard on a baby during birth
- Not providing emergency medical care for a baby born with medical problems
- Failing to supervise the health of the mother in the days following labor and delivery
All of the above can lead to many types of birth injuries—for instance, head trauma and oxygen deprivation to the baby, which can damage their tiny brains. Such brain damage can leave many different lasting effects, including cerebral palsy, cognitive impairments, physical impairments, and more. In addition, some mothers begin to hemorrhage after birth and doctors fail to notice until too late and their conditions become life-threatening.
Babies and mothers who suffer birth injuries due to medical mistakes often require costly medical care that they otherwise would not need. This can result in piles of extra medical bills and longer recovery times for the mother, which can interfere with her ability to care for her child or return to work as scheduled. Permanent injuries can make children face lifetimes of disabilities and impairments, limiting their opportunities as a result, or requiring lifelong assistance and care.
If your doctor took wrongful actions—or failed to take certain actions—that resulted in costly harm for you and your family, you may wonder whether you can hold that doctor liable for your injuries. An experienced birth injury lawyer can evaluate your situation and advise you whether you have a medical malpractice claim.
Were You the Victim of Medical Malpractice?
Not every mistake that a doctor makes will constitute medical malpractice. If that were the case, doctors may feel too afraid of possible liability to perform even the most basic functions of their jobs. Instead, Florida medical malpractice law requires that an injured patient prove that a health care provider breached the prevailing professional standard of care expected of that particular kind of health care provider in that particular situation.
For example, imagine that a doctor fails to diagnose a condition in a pregnant woman that could hurt the child if untreated. If based on the woman's symptoms or other risk factors, another doctor trained in prenatal care would have performed the right tests and diagnosed the condition, the failed diagnosis likely would constitute medical malpractice. If another doctor may also have missed the diagnosis, malpractice liability may decrease.
Your Legal Rights
If you determine that medical malpractice caused your birth injury, you have the right to file an insurance claim or a legal claim in civil court to seek compensation for your losses. Such losses can include:
- Medical expenses for past and future care
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities
A skilled personal injury lawyer will enlist the help of medical experts to prove malpractice and calculate the full extent of your past and future losses stemming from the harm.
Contact a Doral Birth Injury Law Firm for More Information
If you learn that medical malpractice caused a birth injury, you only have two years from that date to take legal action in most situations. These complicated claims can take time and effort to prepare, so contact an experienced Doral birth injury attorney to begin working on your case as soon as possible.
The lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have the experience needed to handle birth injury cases and are ready to assist you. Please call (727) 451-6900 today to schedule your free and confidential consultation.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“My experience with this law firm has been extremely pleasant. After being involved in an accident where I was injured, I was able to seek treatment from the best doctors in the area. I was lucky to have a team that assisted in scheduling my appointments that worked around both my full time work schedule and my demanding grad school schedule. Even with a move out of state to New York, I was able to remain with this law firm and continue treatment in south Florida while remaining under the care of the doctors that I felt most comfortable with. Even though I suffered injuries and experienced difficulties in that aspect, the team here was able to make sure that I was able to continue work and stay on track with grad school all while I moved to a new state.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!