Personal injury law involves securing compensation for the harm you suffered because of someone else’s wrongful actions. The Coral Springs personal injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, represent clients who sustained injuries in accidents and incidents, including motor vehicle crashes, slips and falls, construction accidents, nursing home mishaps, sexual assaults, medical errors, and dangerous medications.
Our vast experience gives our clients a distinct advantage. As a rule, you always want your lawyer to know the ins and outs of the specific type of accident and injury you suffered. For example, if you got hurt in a train accident, you stand the best chance of recovering maximum compensation if your Coral Springs personal injury lawyer has represented previous clients in train crash cases.
If you suffered personal injuries in Coral Springs, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers today to learn how we can put our skills and resources to work for you.
Table of Contents
- Dolman Law Group Gets Results
- Personal Injuries in Coral Springs
- Compensation for a Coral Springs Personal Injury
- Contact a Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Today
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dolman Law Group Gets Results
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers in Coral Springs is a team of skilled, compassionate, dedicated attorneys and legal professionals. We fight to secure the compensation you deserve after someone’s careless, reckless, or intentional misconduct causes harm to you or someone you love.
We have a sterling track record of securing top-dollar settlements and jury awards for our clients.
Our recent case results include:
- $6.7 million in a wrongful death case.
- $5 million in a car accident case where the victim suffered burn injuries.
- $3.85 million for a semi-truck wreck that caused our client to suffer brain injuries.
- $1.4 million for a motorcycle accident victim who suffered multiple severe injuries.
We cannot guarantee results, of course. The amount you might recover in a Coral Springs personal injury case can depend on various factors, including the nature of your accident, the severity of your injuries, the strength of the evidence, and the financial resources available to pay your damages.
But we can promise to give our full attention to every client we represent. We study your case, devise a course of action tailored to your unique interests and priorities, and fight to get you every last penny you need to pay your bills and rebound from your injuries.
Personal Injuries in Coral Springs, Florida
Over its relatively short history, the planned city of Coral Springs has grown into a vibrant and thriving area of neighborhoods and commercial centers. Located northwest of Fort Lauderdale, west of Pompano Beach, and southwest of Boca Raton, the city’s shopping, restaurants, museums, and parks make it a popular place to live, work, and play.
But as in any bustling South Florida metropolis, Coral Springs also sees its share of preventable accidents and incidents. According to the Florida Department of Transportation State Safety Office, over five years, hundreds of traffic accidents on Coral Springs roads caused injuries, and the city averaged more than one fatal crash each year.
And that’s just motor vehicle accidents—thousands more Coral Springs residents, workers, and visitors undoubtedly suffered injuries and losses in other types of mishaps, from falls on wet floors and job sites to carelessness to mistakes and neglect in medical facilities.
Victims of personal injuries in Coral Springs have potentially valuable legal rights, but only if they take steps to enforce them before they expire. That’s why it is imperative that you contact a Coral Springs personal injury attorney as soon as possible after suffering injuries or losing a loved one.
Dolman Law Group has offices close to Coral Springs in Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale. We encourage you to contact us today to learn about your rights and options in a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team.
Coral Springs Personal Injury Cases We Handle
When choosing a personal injury attorney, find a law firm with extensive experience handling cases like yours. It’s not enough to hire a lawyer who claims to do personal injury. Instead, look for one who has represented clients facing circumstances that match yours as closely as possible so that you can feel confident that your lawyer has the skills and knowledge needed to get results.
Experience With a Wide Range of Harmful Accidents and Incidents
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers in Coral Springs possess the breadth of experience and wealth of resources needed to handle virtually any type of Coral Springs personal injury matter.
Our team has the necessary experience to handle cases involving:
- Wrongful death
- Falls and other accidents on someone else’s property in Coral Springs
- Abuse or neglect at a Coral Springs nursing home or assisted living facility
- Car accidents
- truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Construction accidents, workplace injuries, and workers’ compensation cases
- Long-term toxic exposures, such as representing victims of Camp Lejeune water contamination
- Defective medications and dangerous drugs, including opioid abuse cases
- Sexual abuse cases, including lawsuits against churches, schools, and scouting organizations
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors, defective medical devices, and birth injuries
- Train accidents
Experience With Numerous Injuries and Illnesses
Our team also has extensive experience representing clients who have suffered all manner of personal injuries.
Over the years, we gained a thorough understanding of the challenges and costs of healing from and living with traumas as varied as:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Crushed limbs and traumatic amputations
- Massive blunt force trauma
- Thoracic (chest) and abdominal injuries affecting vital organs
- Nerve damage
- Sexual assault trauma
- Cancers, respiratory diseases, and other illnesses related to toxic-exposure
- Pain medication-related addictions and chemical dependencies
- Malnutrition, muscle atrophy, and other conditions resulting from elder abuse and neglect
- Facial and eye injuries
- Burns (fire, chemical, electrical, and radiation)
- Neck and back injuries resulting in chronic pain and disability
- Broken bones, joint dislocations, and other orthopedic trauma
- Trauma-related mental health challenges, such as PTSD, depression, and anxiety
Both lists above cover only some of our experience and know-how at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers. No matter what kind of accident or injury disrupted your life in Coral Springs, our team wants to speak with you and help you understand your legal options.
Potential Compensation for a Coral Springs Personal Injury
Numerous factors affect when, whether, and how much you might receive as compensation for a personal injury you suffered in Coral Springs. Generally, however, victims of personal injuries in South Florida can take legal action seeking payment of two categories of compensatory damages: economic and non-economic. They might also request damages. Here’s an overview of each.
Sometimes referred to as special damages, economic damages compensate you for your expenses and financial losses stemming from a personal injury. They typically include:
Medical expenses related to treating your injuries, such as the cost of:
- Doctors’ appointments
- Follow-up appointments
- Over-the-counter prescribed medications
- Ambulatory aids
- Medical devices
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Home health care
- Rehabilitation and nursing home stays
- Hand controls for your vehicle
- Medically necessary modifications to your home, including wheelchair ramps, grab bars, handrails, walk-in or roll-in showers, and widened doorways
Personal property-related costs, such as the cost to repair or replace a damaged vehicle or items of value lost or destroyed in an accident.
Lost wages resulting from your injuries, which can include:
- Compensation for the work-related income you lost between the date of the accident and the date of any settlement or judgment in your case, plus interest;
- The value of any sick days, vacation leave, or other paid time off you used while out of work healing from your injuries.
- Future wages and income you will not be able to earn because your injuries left you partially or totally disabled.
Other expenses flow directly from the accident and the injuries you suffered in it, such as costs for services and support needed to adapt to or live with your injuries (e.g., childcare or transportation).
You might recover death-related expenses and losses if a Coral Springs accident caused the wrongful death of your loved one.
These may include:
- Loss of the deceased’s income, inheritance, or financial support
- Loss of the value of the deceased’s household services
- Accrued medical expenses before death
- Funeral and burial/cremation expenses
- Probate-related costs, including attorney fees.
Sometimes referred to as general damages, non-economic damages do not have a fixed monetary value.
Instead, they consist of all non-financial forms of harm that flow from a Coral Springs personal injury, such as:
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress and mental health challenges.
- Loss of quality of life, such as being forced to make significant changes to your daily routine, diet, or activities.
- Loss of companionship if you can no longer enjoy time with your spouse, family, or friends because of your injuries.
- Loss of consortium if you can no longer have a physical relationship with your spouse or domestic partner.
- Inconvenience or loss of independence.
- Amputation or loss of use of a body part, such as a finger or a leg.
- Partial or total loss of a bodily function like your eyesight, bladder function, or hearing.
- Scarring or disfigurement.
Unlike compensatory damages, punitive damages do not seek to replace something you have lost (what lawyers refer to as making you whole). Instead, they punish someone who injured you through extreme, outrageous, or intentionally harmful behavior.
Florida statutes allow you to recover punitive damages only if a judge or jury “based on clear and convincing evidence, finds that the defendant was personally guilty of intentional misconduct or gross negligence.” This can be a high bar to meet, but it’s one the team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers has cleared many times when our clients have suffered injuries because of someone else’s wrongful conduct.
How We Can Help
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers in Coral Springs, we handle every aspect of the process of securing compensation for our client’s personal injuries. Ours is a full-service personal injury law firm stocked with experienced trial lawyers and legal professionals who are deeply familiar with every step in seeing you compensated for your injuries.
Our team can:
- Meet with you in person or remotely at your convenience for a free, confidential, no-obligation case consultation.
- Take immediate steps to meet applicable deadlines and preserve your rights.
- Investigate your case to determine its root causes and to identify the party or parties who should pay you damages.
- Collect evidence and witness statements to support your claims.
- Work with expert witnesses, like accident reconstruction scientists, medical specialists, and financial planners to gain insight into your accident and injuries and build evidence to prove your case.
- Handle all interactions with insurance adjusters, law enforcement, and the media on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement of your claim whenever possible.
- Present your case at trial before a judge and jury.
- Collect all money you recover through a settlement, judgment, or jury award.
In other words, at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, our team can do virtually anything our clients need to preserve and enforce their rights to compensation for their personal injuries. Contact us today to learn what we can do for you.
Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Contact a Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a Coral Springs-area accident or incident, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) for a free case evaluation.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
Do I have a winnable personal injury case?
That depends on the facts. The best way to find out if you have a case to make for money damages after getting hurt in Coral Springs is to speak with an experienced lawyer, like a member of the team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers.
As a general rule, however, you might have a case if you got hurt in an accident because you think someone else should bear at least some of the blame. You don’t need certainty about somebody else’s fault for what happened. You also don’t need to believe you are blameless. You can still have a winning claim.
It costs you nothing to talk with a knowledgeable legal professional at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers about your injury. So call us today.
How much is my case worth?
We can’t tell you the value of your case without evaluating the facts and circumstances.
Case value can depend on:
- The nature and extent of your injuries and their financial and non-financial impacts on your life.
- The strength of the evidence to support your claim.
- The skill, experience, and resources of the lawyer you choose to represent you.
- The at-fault party’s insurance or other assets that can pay your damages.
If you hire Dolman Law Group to handle your Coral Springs personal injury case, we will fight relentlessly to protect your interests and get you as much money as possible.
How much time do I have to file my Coral Springs personal injury case?
A law called the statute of limitations sets an expiration date on your right to seek damages for a personal injury. The deadline for many Coral Springs personal injury cases is four years from the date of your injury (or of when you reasonably should have discovered it). However, the deadline is just two years in cases involving wrongful death, medical malpractice, and certain defective products.
In addition to those deadlines, other laws and rules can shorten or lengthen the time you have to take legal action after a Coral Springs personal injury. You might have just a few months to act in some instances, while you can have more time in others.
The best way to meet a deadline applicable to your Coral Springs personal injury case is to speak with an experienced attorney immediately after you get hurt or discover your injuries. It’s never too early to talk (for free) to Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers about what happened to you.
Will my case end up in a courtroom trial?
That’s always a possibility, but more often than not, it won’t. Most Coral Springs personal injury cases settle out of court before a trial ever happens. But some don’t, and it’s often difficult to predict ahead of time which ones will. That’s why it’s critical to hire a personal injury law firm with an established track record of success both in and out of the courtroom.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, we have an outstanding reputation as a team of skilled trial attorneys. We negotiate top-dollar settlements whenever possible, but we also aren’t afraid to take the gloves off in the courtroom and win at trial when that’s what’s needed to get justice and fair compensation for our client.
How long does it take to get a settlement?
A settlement is an agreement between you and the party at fault for your injuries (and that party’s liability insurance carrier) to resolve your case. In the typical settlement, you receive money, and in exchange, you release the at-fault party and its insurer from future liability and dismiss any lawsuit you have filed.
As we said above, most (but not all) Coral Springs personal injury cases settle out of court. The timeline for settling can vary widely from case to case, however. Some take just a month or two. Others might stretch out over a year or more.
The factors affecting that timeline lie mostly beyond your ability to control.
They can include:
- Whether and when you receive a medical diagnosis and prognosis for recovery.
- The need for and complexities of investigating your claim.
- The number of parties with a legal and financial stake in your case.
- Internal procedures at insurance companies that may need to pay your claim.
Once you settle (assuming that happens), the timeline accelerates. The lawyers draw up settlement papers, you and the other party sign them, then, in a matter of weeks, you receive the settlement funds (less any agreed fees and expenses to pay your lawyer and others).
How much does it cost to hire Dolman Law Group?
It costs you nothing unless we get you results.
Your initial case evaluation is always free and comes with no obligation for you to hire us. Even if you decide to go in a different direction, you will never owe us a dime for that consultation.
If we agree to work together, our team virtually always represents its clients on a contingent fee basis. That’s an arrangement where we work without receiving any upfront or hourly payments from you. Instead, you agree that we will receive a percentage of any money we recover on your behalf.
In other words, you only pay us if we win for you.
Do I really need a Coral Springs personal injury lawyer?
Yes, you do. You cannot realistically hope to obtain the maximum compensation for your Coral Springs personal injury if you do not have a skilled personal injury attorney representing your interests.
- It’s often difficult, expensive, and time-consuming to find and gather evidence for a personal injury case. Focus your energy on healing.
- It takes legal training and know-how to prepare the documents and filings necessary to make a claim, skills that most non-lawyers don’t have.
- Personal injury lawyers protect you from insurance companies’ tricks and tactics.
- Practically speaking, no insurance company, court, juror, or defense lawyer takes a personal injury case seriously if the victim doesn’t have a lawyer, which affects the claim’s value.
Don’t make the costly and avoidable mistake of trying to handle your personal injury claim alone. Instead, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers today for your free case consultation.
What are my rights if I get hurt at work in Coral Springs?
You likely have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits that pay for your reasonably necessary medical care and a portion of your lost wages. Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance your employer purchases to cover you against work-related injuries and illnesses. Workers’ compensation covers most Florida workers.
You may sue for damages from a workplace injury or illness. Generally, you cannot sue your employer or a co-worker because workers’ comp takes the place of your right to sue them. But you may seek damages from another third party if your injuries resulted from their wrongful decisions or actions.
We have years of experience representing injured workers in securing workers’ compensation benefits and additional damages (when available) at Dolman Law Group. Connect with us today for a free, confidential consultation about your Coral Springs workplace injury or illness.
What are my rights if my loved one died in a Coral Springs accident?
Depending on your relationship with the victim, you may pursue a lawsuit under the Florida Wrongful Death Act, which authorizes a personal representative of the deceased victim to sue on behalf of the victim’s surviving spouse and close family members.
The damages recoverable in a wrongful death lawsuit mirror those in other personal injury lawsuits. But as noted above, the deadline for pursuing a wrongful death case is often shorter than the deadline for a personal injury case, so you may need to act quickly to protect your and your family’s rights.
The Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers team has handled numerous wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of grieving spouses and families. Contact us today to learn more about your rights during this difficult time.
If the at-fault party's insurance company offers to settle my claim, should I take it?
You have the right to decide whether to agree to a settlement. No one can make that decision for you without your consent. But we urge you to exercise extreme caution if an insurance company representing another party in your accident offers you money out of the blue.
Any offer you receive under those circumstances is virtually guaranteed to amount to far less than what you have the right to receive. Insurers make those offers hoping you will jump at the money before you speak with a lawyer and learn the actual value of your claim. By taking the money, you give up your rights and could leave yourself without enough financial support to pay your bills and compensate you for your injuries.
The better practice in most cases is to decline to accept any settlement an insurance company makes to you directly and hire a personal injury attorney to handle negotiations with the insurer on your behalf. A skilled lawyer can almost always secure far more for you than the insurance company initially offered.
Is it okay for me to talk to an insurance company about my accident and injuries?
This can get complicated. The answer depends on whose insurance company you talk to—yours or someone else’s—and what you talk about.
Generally, it’s okay to speak with your own insurance carrier. You might need to notify your insurer of an accident or injury as a condition of receiving coverage. So long as you keep your communications with your own insurer brief and to the point, sticking only to the facts of what happened and not speculating about fault or blaming yourself, it’s usually safe to do so. (Of course, if you feel uncomfortable talking to your own insurer, an experienced personal injury attorney can often take over on your behalf.)
In contrast, it’s generally not required or advisable to speak with someone else’s insurance company about your accident and injuries, at least not without first consulting with a personal injury attorney. Insurance adjusters who ask to speak with you hope to gain information they can use as justification for refusing to pay for your injuries.
Never agree to give a recorded statement, release your medical records, or answer personal questions from someone else’s insurance company without first talking to an attorney.
Can I do anything to help my case?
Yes. You can seek immediate medical care for your injuries and follow your treatment plan. Never wait to go to the doctor after any accident. Don’t “tough it out” through pain or wait for an injury to worsen. Go to your regular doctor, an urgent care center, or the nearest hospital emergency room immediately after an accident to be evaluated.
Getting care serves two critical purposes. First, it protects your health, which is priority number one. Second, it safeguards your legal rights by creating medical records of your injuries and their cause and shielding you from accusations that you made your injuries worse by failing to take care of yourself.
Aside from seeking medical care, it might also help your case to:
- Save all emails, texts, and documents you receive about your accident and injuries for a lawyer to review.
- Save physical items involved in your accident or injuries, such as damaged equipment or clothes you wore.
- Stay off social media and do not speak with strangers about your accident or injuries.