Have you been injured in a rear-end collision in Bradenton, Florida? Regardless of the severity of the crash, a lawyer may be able to help you gain the compensation you need to aid in your recovery. Our Bradenton rear end car accident collision injury lawyers can help you understand your rights.
At Dolman Law Group, we offer free consultations to get your claim started, and you won’t have to pay anything until we win or settle your case.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Bradenton is a high-traffic area regularly packed with tourists, so accidents are somewhat common. In some cases, a rear-end collision is only a small problem. But in other crashes, victims are left with injuries, repair and medical bills, and a lot of uncertainty.
Many factors can cause a driver to collide with the car in front of them. In Florida, some of the most common causes or conditions relating to car accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Mechanical error (including brake failure)
- Following too closely
- Reckless driving
- Failure to signal
- Poor driving conditions (including inclement weather, construction, and defective roadways)
- Distracted driving (often texting and driving or navigating using a GPS app)
While this is not a list of every possible cause, if you have been injured due to a driver dealing with one or more of these conditions, you may be eligible to receive compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Injuries in Rear-End Car Accidents
Rear-end car accidents can be minor. Sometimes a driver is slow to react and brakes just a second too late, barely tapping the car in front of them. Other times, a driver may not see a red light and plow directly into a stopped car, causing significant damage and injuries.
Rear-end car accidents happen often, and some of the injuries associated with them include:
- Whiplash: According to Mayo Clinic, this is one of the most common injuries associated with rear-end collisions. Whiplash occurs when the victim’s neck is jerked back and forth. Symptoms of whiplash include pain, lack of mobility, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches, including migraines.
- Spinal injuries: Any injury to the spine can be severe, but in the worst rear-end collisions, victims may even become paralyzed.
- Concussions and other head injuries: In a rear-end collision, a car is often slammed forward with a lot of force. This can cause a victim to hit their head. This trauma can lead to several issues, including concussions, bruising, and facial fractures.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are common injuries in nearly every kind of accident, and rear-end collisions are no exception. Common bones broken in car accidents include the legs, arms, collarbone, sternum, and ribs.
Get Attention for Your Injuries
Following an accident, victims are often disoriented and anxious. Adrenaline pumping through their veins may make a victim feel as though they are healthy and uninjured, even if that is not the case.
Even if you feel fine, you can protect yourself legally by asking a medical professional to diagnose any related injuries. Consider taking the following steps:
- Following the crash, have your injuries checked. Sometimes symptoms of injuries won’t present until later.
- If necessary, call 911 or go to the emergency room.
- Maintain all medical documentation.
- Keep track of all expenses you incur because of the rear-end collision.
- Call Dolman Law Group to talk about your damages.
Bradenton Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
If you are considering a personal injury lawsuit, you will first need to do is establish negligence. According to the Legal Information Institute (LII), negligence is “a failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances.”
In other words, a negligent party is less careful than they should be in protecting another party. Determining the negligent party may allow you to hold the appropriate person at fault for your injuries, lost wages, and property damage. Your attorney can help you understand who the negligent party is in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Bradenton, call 833-552-7274
What Damages Can You Recover?
Every rear-end collision accident is different. The damages you can recover depend on what injuries you have suffered and what expenses you have incurred. Some of the damages you may be able to recover include:
- Pain and suffering (for emotional and mental anguish suffered from your accident)
- Car repair bills
- Rental car bills
- Lost wages (for any time missed at work due to injury)
- Reduced earning capacity for long-term injuries or disabilities
- Medical expenses, including labs, x-rays, MRIs, etc.
- Ongoing and anticipated future medical care
- Prescription medication
How Long Do I Have to File My Case?
If you are considering filing a lawsuit, it is important to understand the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is the amount of time that a victim (or representative of a victim) has to file a suit. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases is four years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
If your loved one died in the accident, this is considered a wrongful death case. The statute of limitations for wrongful death cases in Florida is two years.
Acting quickly can be the best way to protect your rights in cases like these. As time goes on, memories fade, and documentation can become harder and harder to track down. We can start the process while you heal.
Contact Dolman Law Group for a Case Review Today
Dolman Law Group is available to take on your rear-end car accident collision case. Our team of lawyers knows the best ways to help you fight for the compensation you need. Focus on your health and recovery while our legal professionals help you navigate your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Contact Dolman Law Group today to get answers to your questions and figure out your next step.
6703 14th Street West Suite 207
Bradenton, FL 34207
Phone: (941) 613-5747