If you were involved in a Bradenton hit and run car accident and have suffered harm, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. A Bradenton hit and run car accident lawyer can outline your legal rights and help you file a claim against the liable parties.
Personal Injury Lawyers Help Your Legal Claims
The Dolman Law Group will use various strategies to assist you with your hit and run case and defend your rights before a court of law if a settlement can't be reached with the at-fault party's insurance company. These strategies might include:
- Take the lead in gathering evidence
- Help identify liable parties
- Estimate the possible compensation amount
- Recreate the accident
- Secure surveillance and dashcam footage (if any)
- Coordinate police reports
- Gather statements and witness information
- Hire professionals to prove another vehicle's involvement
- Work with police to locate the runaway vehicle and its driver
- File a claim and negotiate with the insurance company
- Help build a robust case
- Vigorously defend your rights before a court of law if an insurance settlement can't be reached
Hit and Run Car Accident Injuries
The Dolman Law Group can help you seek compensation for the injuries you receive in a hit and run car accident. Injuries that many Bradenton hit and run car accident victims have commonly suffered include:
- Muscle or joint injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Head trauma
- Amputation injuries
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Emotional distress
What If the At-Fault Driver Isn't Located?
Florida law requires all registered motor vehicle owners to purchase PIP (Personal Injury Protection) insurance. Once you buy this insurance, the policy automatically covers all your medical bills. However, PIP insurance typically only covers bills up to $10,000. When the bills go beyond this figure, you may have to obtain an alternative insurance coverage source, such as charging the at-fault party's insurer.
If, for example, an ambulance transported you to a Bradenton hospital, you likely incurred some extra medical bills due to the ambulance ride and the hospital visit. The Dolman Law Group team can help you receive the compensation you deserve in order for you to your cover bills that may exceed the statutory amount.
At-Fault Hit and Run Accident Driver's Insurance Policy Coverage
If law enforcement catches the runaway hit and run driver, they will be held accountable. Your personal injury attorney can institute a claim against them to recover compensation that covers your injuries and alleviates the financial burdens you incur. Ideally, the culprit's insurance policy will cover the following areas:
- Your present and future medical costs
- Long-term therapy and rehabilitation costs
- The wages you lose due to injuries and frequent hospital appointments
- Loss of earnings (if the situation forced you out of your work)
- Your vehicle's repair or replacement
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our team of hit-and-run car accident attorneys at The Dolman Law Group can help you in several ways:
- Reviewing your active insurance policy
- Determining the available coverage
- Acting to ensure you obtain the maximum compensation
- Assessing any other accessible insurance benefits
Bradenton Car Accident Claim Payment
What you can expect to receive in a Bradenton car accident claim depends on several factors specific to your hit-and-run car accident case. These factors may include the following:
- Liability disputes
- Value of your medical bills
- Severity of the injuries you sustained
- Insurance coverage limits
- At-fault party's insurance policy or ability to pay
Steps to Take When Dealing with a Reluctant Insurance Provider
Your attorney will calculate the amount of compensation for which you entitled for both immediate and long-term costs of the injuries you suffered. Once a claim is filed with the insurance company, the company may offer you a lower settlement.
Rather than accept the insurance company's low settlement offer, you lawyer will do the following:
- Negotiate with the insurance provider until a just settlement can be reached.
- If a settlement can't be reached, your attorney can file a lawsuit to defend your right to compensation in court.
The Dolman Law Group believes it's our duty to protect you from any insurance company's exploitative tactics. Having practiced personal injury cases for decades, we know insurance companies use tactics to minimize the accident victim's compensation payment. Insurance companies may attempt to use the following actions to prevent or limit your claim:
- Outright denial (rejection) of your compensation claim
- Unnecessary processing delays
- Attempts to underpay the victim
Once you hire our law firm, we handle all negotiations and communication with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries and getting on with your life.
Contact Us for Help
Our attorneys work hard to assist you in obtaining compensation for your injuries. Reach out to the Dolman Law Group today so we can get started on your case immediately.
6703 14th Street West Suite 207
Bradenton, FL 34207
Phone: (941) 613-5747