If your child became sick because they drank Enfamil, you could file a claim for compensation against the baby formula company. You can retain our lawyers today.
If your child has suffered from an illness caused by consuming Enfamil products, consult with our Boston Enfamil lawsuit lawyer as soon as possible. We help you determine whether you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We can get you started with a free consultation.
What Are Enfamil’s Dangers?
If your child was born prematurely, your doctor might have advised you to use Enfamil to boost the child’s weight gain. Or maybe you chose to use formula instead of breast milk as a parent.
Either way, you have the right to safe and reliable options for your baby.
But what happens when you can’t trust the safety of Enfamil’s products for your children?
Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
Many parents believe that their children developed health problems after consuming infant formula made by Enfamil, most notably necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC).
Cleveland Clinic affirms that this is a bacterial infection that causes severe inflammation in the intestines. If left untreated, this condition can lead to death.
- It is a condition commonly affecting premature babies who consume formula containing cow’s milk proteins.
- Bovine milk contains high protein levels, making it easier for bacteria to grow.
- When an infant drinks too much protein, the bacteria in the gut multiply rapidly.
- This growth can result in serious intestinal damage.
Symptoms to Watch Out for:
If you’ve recently fed your baby with Enfamil formula, here are symptoms you can watch out for that might indicate a bigger problem. If you have any questions or concerns, contact a pediatrician you trust. If your child needs urgent care, call 911 immediately.
- Bloody stool
- Refusing to eat
- Lethargic behavior
- Abdominal swelling
What to Do If You Fed Your Baby Enfamil Formula
If you have fed your baby Enfamil formula, here are some things you should do:
- Stop feeding your baby the formula immediately.
- Contact Enfamil to receive a refund or voucher for a replacement product.
- Take a picture of the formula and your receipts as proof of purchase. Don’t throw away the physical receipt if you still have it, though.
- Discard any unused portions of the formula, and clean and sanitize all feeding supplies.
- Continue to feed your baby a replacement formula. Talk with your doctor about the best options available for your child.
- Speak with your Enfamil lawsuit lawyer about your Boston family’s options.
Boston Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Who Is Responsible for My Child’s Injuries?
When Enfamil formula or NEC affects your child, some parties are liable for the damage. These parties include:
- Enfamil’s manufacturer: The manufacturer of an harmful product is usually the first party to act as a defendant in a lawsuit. If you were injured by consuming Enfamil formula, you might be able to sue the manufacturer for damages.
- Your pediatrician: If the doctor recommended Enfamil for your baby knowing it was dangerous, they could be held accountable for any injuries caused by the formula.
- The hospital: If the hospital staff provided you or your baby with Enfamil while knowing its risks, they could be held liable.
Parents are filing Enfamil NEC lawsuits against manufacturers and other formula companies. If your baby has been harmed, it’s your right to sue for damages. You could receive compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other losses.
For a free legal consultation with a enfamil lawsuit lawyer serving Boston, call 833-552-7274
How Our Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyers Can Help Your Boston Family
If your child has been harmed by consuming Enfamil, you could contact an Enfamil lawsuit lawyer. The process of filing a claim against manufacturers is arduous. But your lawyer can take on the many required tasks and fight for a fair financial award.
Here’s how an attorney serving the Boston area can help with your case:
- Determine how much money you might be able to recover
- Collect evidence and proof of Enfamil’s neglect
- Review medical records and interview specialists
- Handle communication with Enfamil’s legal representation or insurance company
- Negotiate with Enfamil for a settlement on your behalf.
What Can Affect My Child’s Compensation?
The damages that you can seek depend on several factors, such as:
- The severity of injuries that your infant has undergone
- How old your child was when the injuries occurred
- Whether you switched between multiple types of formulas
- If the formula you used was properly stored and within its expiration date
A lawyer will make sure that the claims are valid and that you have enough evidence to back up your suit.
How Long You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Massachusetts
You should take action as soon as you realize your baby may have NEC from drinking baby formula. It will help to make sure your lawsuit is filed on time. Massachusetts imposes a statute of limitations, meaning you will have about three years to file your lawsuit under Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 260 § 2A. You might have more time, depending on the situation.
We offer as much help as possible now so you can get the justice you deserve.
Contact Dolman Law Group Today
Many victims’ families are hesitant to get the legal help they need because they’re concerned about upfront costs and fees. To make sure you get the best help available, we operate on a contingency-free basis. This means we only charge once we win your case. If you don’t win or settle, you don’t have to pay a dime.
You can call Dolman Law Group today. We offer free consultations to discuss your case with you in detail. Our staff will give you legal advice and answer questions about your claim.