Doctors know that necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC), a painful condition that primarily affects newborn babies, is incredibly dangerous. In fact, the debilitating gastrointestinal disease can be fatal—unless your doctor diagnoses and treats it early.
Was your baby badly affected after using Enfamil? A Boca Raton Enfamil lawsuit lawyer can help you seek justice and compensation.
Who Takes the Blame for Your Baby’s NEC?
If your infant was in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and was fed Enfamil formula, the hospital could be liable for your child’s suffering. The healthcare workers might not have diagnosed a problem early enough or failed to provide prompt treatment. The manufacturers of the formula are also liable for your baby’s suffering. This is because:
- Their defective products cause your baby to have NEC
- They failed to label their products correctly.
- They failed to warn about the dangers of using their products
In case of a problem that affects your baby, we’re ready to make the manufacturer take responsibility. Dolman Law Group attorneys can help you file an Enfamil NEC lawsuit in any of these cases.
Acknowledging the Benefits of Breast Milk and the Risk Enfamil Poses
Breast milk is the ideal food for infants. Breast milk is rich in vital nutrition, fats, and various enzymes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that feeding with breast milk can protect infants from infections and diseases.
If breast milk isn’t available, it’s best to feed your baby with a safe and fortified formula. Many doctors acknowledge that Enfamil formula is highly specialized and dense in calories. However, Enfamil formula can put premature babies at risk of developing NEC. Sadly, most Enfamil products and brands don’t come with warnings or caution regarding the increased risk of NEC.
Identifying Necrotizing Enterocolitis’ Causes
As a parent, it’s essential to identify the potentially deadly consequences of using NEC. Here are some major contributors to NEC in infants:
- Consumption of cow milk or fortified baby formula
- Premature birth and underdeveloped intestines
Factors Influencing the Gradual Progress of NEC
NEC typically develops relatively fast—between 2-6 weeks after the baby is born. Different circumstances and factors may influence NEC’s gradual progress. Over a few days, a parent might notice that the symptoms come and go.
NEC’s onset may be rapid; surprisingly, the symptoms may appear in infants who seem perfectly healthy. A common thread in most cases of NEC is that the infant was feeding on baby formula rather than breast milk.
Over the years, the team at Dolman Law Group has assembled a formidable arsenal of information documenting the adverse effects of using Enfamil. A Boca Raton lawsuit lawyer has what it takes to initiate a lawsuit against all culpable parties in this case.
Boca Raton Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
The Crucial Role of an Enfamil Lawsuit Team of Attorneys in Your Case
Dolman Law Group attorneys have handled numerous lawsuits against negligent parties and manufacturers of faulty products. If your baby suffered harm after using Enfamil baby formula, our attorneys could help you seek justice. We can do the following for you.
- We work around the clock to hold negligent manufacturers and other responsible parties to account for the harm your baby suffered.
- We take time to review your case and prepare the case material for possible presentation in court.
- We assess the case specifics to estimate the value of the possible compensation and damages you may seek.
- We offer compassionate legal guidance to enable you to seek fair damages.
- We can help you adhere to the Florida statute of limitations and file your claim at an appropriate time.
- We protect you against parties seeking unfavorable out-court settlement deals.
For a free legal consultation with a enfamil lawsuit lawyer serving Boca Raton, call 833-552-7274
The Financial Damages Your Boca Raton Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Can Seek
You could be entitled to file a lawsuit against those who manufactured potentially harmful baby formulas and failed to consider the consumer’s safety and welfare. Our personal injury attorneys believe that the law must make such parties accountable for their acts of omission.
Here are some damages you could include when filing an Enfamil lawsuit:
- Lost income: Some parents have to take time off their work to care for a baby suffering from NEC; others lose their jobs altogether.
- Medical bills for treatment, hospital stays, recovery, and potential lifelong care for the affected child
- Loss of future expected income and earning opportunities for the child once they become adults
- Loss of enjoyment (diminished quality of life) since your child must now live with a chronic medical condition
- The child’s pain and suffering and the family’s suffering during this traumatic time
- Punitive action: To punish the offenders and encourage better behavior
- Wrongful death costs (where necrotizing enterocolitis and other formula-related losses lead to death)
Boca Raton Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyers Are Willing to Help
It’s crucial to give prematurely born babies the utmost support and care. With proper diagnosis, treatment, and nutritional care, most infants can become healthy and strong children. We can’t accept baby formulas that tend to increase the risk of a potentially devastating intestinal disorder like NEC.
Call Our Boca Raton Office To Speak to Our Staff Members
If your baby used Enfamil and suffered harm or passed as a direct or indirect result, you could pursue compensation. Our Dolman Law Group attorneys are ever ready to listen to you and help you promptly file your case. Contact us today to arrange your free consultation and let us get to work on your case.
We operate on a contingency-fee basis. This means you don’t have to pay legal fees until we win the case and obtain the full settlement. So, you don’t have to worry about coming up with money to pay us before we get to work. Other firms might charge high hourly fees. Our team does not do this, however.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
301 Yamato Road, Suite 1240
Boca Raton, Florida 33431