Accidents on a construction site often involve serious, life-altering injuries. You may find yourself dealing with permanent disability or the death of a loved one following an accident on a construction site. If you're struggling to get the compensation you deserve following an accident, you may need legal representation to help you through the process. Contact our Boca Raton Construction Accident Lawyers at Dolman Law Group today at (561) 220-4963 to learn more about how we can help.
Dolman Law Group Results
At Dolman Law Group, we have extensive experience with a wide range of Boca Raton personal injury cases. In many cases, we have obtained millions of dollars in settlements for our clients following serious construction site injuries, car accidents, and other relevant cases. We provide fierce legal representation that lets our clients know that we mean business, whether you're able to settle your construction accident case out of court or it needs to go to the courtroom.
What Are Typical Construction Accident Injuries?
Construction sites are filled with potential dangers: heavy equipment, the need to work in high locations, and plenty of trip and fall hazards. As a result, significant safety measures are taken on most construction sites to help prevent potential injuries. Unfortunately, these measures aren't always enough to prevent injuries. Common construction site injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Sprains, strains, and soft tissue damage
- Falls from heights
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Crushing injuries
- Burns, including electrical burns
What Damages Can Be Recovered After a Boca Raton Construction Accident?
If you've been injured on a construction site, a Boca Raton construction accident attorney may be able to advise you about the damages you're due for your injuries. Common compensation may include:
- Payment for medical bills. After your construction accident, you may have significant medical bills that add up quickly. The initial ambulance ride to the hospital, your treatment at the hospital, long-term hospitalization, physical therapy, necessary surgeries, and the ongoing cost of care all add up fast. You may be entitled to payment for those medical bills as part of your construction accident settlement.
- Payment for pain and suffering. Construction accidents can lead to significant suffering and loss, depending on the type of injury and the amount of damage you've sustained. Your settlement should include compensation for those injuries.
- Coverage of lost wages. Not only is your construction accident expensive in its own right, being unable to work quickly takes a toll on your finances. As part of your settlement, you may receive coverage for the wages you lost while unable to work.
- Funeral and burial expenses. When a loved one is killed in a construction accident, you may be due compensation for funeral and burial expenses.
- Lost earning potential. If you're permanently disabled as a result of a construction accident, you may receive compensation for the earning potential lost as a result of the accident. This is typically based on the wages you were able to earn at the time of the accident. If you were soon due for a promotion or for a raise, those factors may also play a part in the settlement for your lost earning potential.
Who Is Responsible for Construction Accidents in Boca Raton, FL?
If you were injured on the jobsite, workers' compensation policies are typically the first—and often, only—line of resort when an employee has suffered an injury at work. Required by law in most industries, workers' compensation allows an injured employee to obtain compensation from the insurer. The amount of compensation is already predetermined based on the type of injury. Regardless of who is at fault—a coworker, your employer, or even yourself—you are able to receive benefits from workers' comp. Workers' compensation is considered to be the sole remedy against your employer, meaning that you cannot sue your employer for injuries on the job. Workers' compensation claims process can be complex, and sometimes, the insurer may try to claim that your injury is not as serious as you allege. In these circumstances, it's best to contact a qualified lawyer to support your claim. On many job sites, construction professionals work with a complex series of contractors, subcontractors, owners, and business organizations. If a third party was responsible for your injury—such as another subcontractor on the jobsite, or a manufacturer of a defective product—then you may be able to pursue a claim against that party. Navigating the aftermath of a serious injury may require the guidance of an experienced construction accident attorney. If you aren't sure who bears liability for your accident, working with an attorney can help you establish fault and discover how to proceed.
What Will a Boca Raton Construction Accident Lawyer Cost Me?
At Dolman Law Group, we understand that funds are tight following your accident. When you contact us concerning your construction accident injuries, we'll set up a free consultation to discuss your accident. In many cases, we're able to accept the case on a contingent fee basis. Instead of paying our fees up front, you'll pay attorney fees out of any settlement or judgment obtained. This reduces your initial financial burden and allows you to move forward with your legal case while still covering those important bills.
Get Legal Help After Your Construction Accident
If you've been injured in a construction accident, don't wait to get help. Contact Dolman Law Group online today or call at (561) 220-4963 to set up your free consultation or learn more about our services.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
301 Yamato Road, Suite 1240 Boca Raton, Florida 33431
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.” Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michelle Dorn December 19 Read more reviews on Google!