McDonalds is popular among people of all ages, but it’s known for its strong focus on kids. With the Happy Meal and other similar items, a quick visit to McDonalds truly can create a happy child, but a recent toy that was being distributed with these meals was making for some angry parents.
Keep an eye out for these products to ensure your safety as a consumer and keep yourself from having to legally pursue a company. In the event that you have already been injured by a product and you feel that you are victim to manufacturer negligence, you can receive a free consultation and case evaluation today and learn your rights.
- Aqua Lung’s “buoyancy compensator” vest due to the risk of the rubber handles which attach to the weight pockets detaching from the vest. These products will have been purchased from sporting goods and scuba diving stores between September 2008 and October 2014. These products will have serial numbers lower than BB408620 and will include all Apeks Black Ice, Axiom, Axiom i3, Balance, Dimension, Libra, Lotus, Pearl, Pearl i3, ProLT, and Zuma models. You can reach this company by dialing 1-855-355-7170.
- McDonalds’ “Hello Kitty-themed toy whistle” kid’s toy due to reason small parts that pose as a choking hazard. These products will have been included with Happy Meals and Might Kids Meals sold nationwide between October 2014 and November 2014 and will have a text line above the face that says “©1976, 2014 SANRIO CO., LTD.” The Hello Kitty figurine will have a pink lollipop in the shape of a heart and a removable whistle attachment which may cause the child to choke. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-244-6227.
- 4Seasons’ folding lounge chairs due to a flawed design which can cause the chair to recline too quickly or tip, posing a fall hazard. These products will have been purchased between April and June 2013 at Ross Stores and will have SKU numbers of 4000851360(xx) and will include the bronze, turquoise, and orange fabric and frame variations. You can reach this company by dialing 1-888-529-6524.
- Daimler Trucks North America LLC’s “2013 Freightliner Business Class M2” vehicles due to being equipped with faulty fuel systems that could cause unsafe pressure levels in the fuel container and increase the risk of crashing. These products will have been manufactured between May 29th, 2012 and June 11th. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-745-8000.
- Polaris Industries’ “2015 Victory” motorcycles due to an incorrectly installed transmission shift drum detent roller spring which may cause the rider to lose control and crash. These products will have been manufactured between August 11th, 2014 and September 2nd, 2014 and will include the Cross Country (Eightball, Tour), Gunner, Hammer Eightball, High-Ball, Magnum, Vision Tour ABS, and Vegas Eightball. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-704-5290.
- Nissan’s vehicles due to a faulty airbag which may rupture and send metal fragments towards the driver and passengers. These products will include the 2003-04 Pathfinder, 2004-06 Sentra, 2003-05 Infiniti FX35 (and 45), 2003-04 Infiniti M35 (and M45). You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-647-7261.
Foods, Medicines, and Cosmetics
- Marin Food Specialties’ “Imported Organic Raw Almonds” due to the elevated level of natural hydrogen cyanide that they contain. These products will have sell-by dates between 4/18/15 and 6/7/15 and will have UPC code of 9-99482-00071-7 and will include the 13.5 oz plastic tubs. You can reach this company by dialing 1-512-477-5566 ext. 20060.
- Schwartz Brothers Bakery’s “Everything Bagels” due to an undeclared milk ingredient which may cause those with allergies to experience a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction. These products will have been sold between October 9th, 2014 and November 5th, 2014 and will have a UPC code of 7-17887-23121-1 and will include the 4-pack plastic bags. You can reach this company by dialing 1-888-970-6938.
CONTACT OUR CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEYS
No company wants to endure the penalties of a product liability case. That is why they put so much effort into recalling every product they believe to have even the slightest chance of causing harm to a consumer. Sometimes, a company will forget to warn consumers of non-obvious risks and they will elect to take back the products—often times repackaging them with the proper warnings and making their money back.
There is, however, a slight chance that they won’t recall it in time. A consumer may become seriously injured after using a product due to the manufacturer’s failure to warn. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product or similar issue, don’t hesitate to contact the experienced product liability attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA.
Here in Clearwater, Florida, we take steps to ensure consumer safety. You may be eligible for compensation if using a product safely and as instructed has lead to any emotional, physical, mental, or monetary losses. Find out today if you have the grounds for a legal battle with a free consultation and case evaluation by visiting www.dolmanlaw.com.