January 19th — 23rd
It’s a long line of liability when it comes to a product recall case. If you’re injured by a product, responsibility for the injuries will likely be placed directly on the company that released the item for sale. However, that doesn’t mean they’re unable to recover as well. They could turn around and file a lawsuit against the company that supplied them with an ingredient or material used in the production of their product which inevitably led to its defective design.
This week is a great example, containing 2 separate items which have led to recalls over multiple platforms. Just imagine when a certain brand of egg is recalled; every food product that uses the recalled egg(s) is likely to be recalled as well.
- Primal Vantage’s “Ameristep Hyde Cliff Hanger; Sky Walker” hang-on tree stands because the aluminum platform which the user stands upon is weak and can easily break. These products will have a model number of either 2RX1H008C or 2RX1H009C and will have a date code of JH-2014-3-6. You can reach this company by dialing 1-866-972-6168.
- Johnson Health Tech’s “Matrix Fitness” strength training machines due to a poorly attached handle which could disconnect during lift exercises and lead to injuries. These machines will have been purchased between July 2013 and October 2014. The models in this recall can be seen on the official recall page. You can reach this company by dialing 1-866-218-3674.
- La-Z-Boy’s “Silver Luxury Lift” chair remotes due to an electrical short which could cause the remote to overheat, posing a burn hazard. These products will have been purchased from furniture stores between August 2014 and November 2014 and should have a serial number of 37205143800005310. You can reach this company by dialing 1-855-592-9087.
- Toyota’s “2013-15 Rav4” vehicles because an electrical short can disable the lights of an attached trailer, increasing the risk of crashing at night time when lights are essential. These vehicles will have been manufactured between June 1st, 2013 and December 29th, 2014. You can reach this company by dialing 1-866-327-4236.
- Entegra’s “2015 Aspire” motorhomes due many of them being equipped with defective awnings that were supplied by Carefree Awnings. These vehicles will have been manufactured between July 14th, 2014 and October 29th, 2014. If you believe your motorhome may be affected by this recall, call the company by dialing 1-800-945-4787.
- Thor Motor Coach’s “2015 Challenger” motorhomes due to some of them being equipped with the same awnings mentioned above. These vehicles will have been manufactured between April 24th, 2014 and December 11th, 2014. You can reach this company by dialing 1-877-500-1020.
Foods, Medicines, and Cosmetics
- Gonnella Baking Company’s “Jewel Gourmet Sandwich Rolls” due to the unlisted ingredient milk. For consumers who are allergic to milk, this could result in accidental consumption, meaning the chance of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions. You can reach this company by dialing 1-800-262-3442.
- Tarrier Foods’ “Chopped Twix” food items due to an undeclared allergen. These products will have been purchased from foodservice catalogs as “item 0807”; lot code 080734314. You can reach this company by dialing 1-614-876-8595.
- Northern Tier Bakery’s “Twix Bismarck” doughnuts because they contain the chopped Twix product mentioned above, meaning they also have an undeclared allergen. These products will have been purchased from retail convenient stores between January 1st, 2015 and January 14th, 2015. You can reach this company by dialing 1-855-468-6972.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
Always remember to keep an eye on the product recalls which are constantly updated, not only on the respective official recall websites, but also on our page weekly. Product recalls should be taken seriously; you can never be too prepared for an accident. Even though companies try to avoid accidents and recalls, they are bound to happen; someone has to compensate the injured for their losses. On occasion, insurance companies will offer a generous settlement agreement that leaves a plaintiff happy with their product liability lawsuit. Other times, they could offer a skimpy settlement in hopes that the plaintiff will take it.
What important is the decision that the injured party(s) make. Don’t settle for a settlement that barely covers the medical expenses that you’ve racked up thus far. The trauma suffered now could lead to disabilities in the future; what will cover those medical costs?
Don’t accept a premature settlement—instead; contact the experienced personal injury attorneys of Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for a free consultation and case evaluation. If you or loved one has suffered losses due to someone else’s negligence, you may be able to secure significant financial compensation. Call us today at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765