September 8 – September 14
Consumer Reports, the Food & Drug Administration and Consumer Product Safety Commission are just some of the reputable sources where consumers can look through a list product defects and recalls. When companies have a defective product, it is their legal obligation to warn consumers through these protection agencies so that there is no legal recourse. Even so, a defective product is liable for damages sustained to a consumer and can be sued for compensation. Please look over the list of denounced products to learn of any liable products in your home.
Food, Medicines & Cosmetics
- Kraft is expanding its voluntary recall of selected code dates and manufacturing codes of individually- wrapped American slices because of the possibility that a thin strip of the individual packaging film may remain adhered to the slice after the wrapper has been removed. If the consumer doesn’t realize that the film is still attached to the cheese, they may consume it and potentially choke. In July, the original recall was only for S54 and S55 codes, which refer to the two production lines on which the impacted product was made. The codes are still within those two groupings but the expansion is on the different varieties of Kraft Heinz American slices. There have been two new consumer complaints since the original recall. You may reach this company at 1(800) 432-3101, Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm ET.
- One Minute Miracle Inc. is issuing a voluntary nationwide recall of Miracle Diet 30 and Miracle Rock 48 capsules because the FDA’s analysis of the dietary supplement showed that these pills contain undeclared drug products making them unapproved drugs. The presence of phenolphthalein is in connection with over-the-counter laxatives that have been removed from the market because of the possibility of carcinogenicity and thiosildenafil, which is an analogue of sildenafil that is an approved drug used for the treatment of sexual enhancement and because the two are so closely related, they share the same side effects such as a sudden and significant drop in blood pressure that may be life threatening. Due to this, the company is recalling all products in the marketplace to create a safeguard against any other ailment that may arise. There have been no reports of illness associated with these products to date. You may contact this company at (305) 947-6244, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm ET.
- Medistat RX is recalling all non-expired drug products produced for sterile used and distributed nationwide in by the company in Foley, Alabama because of the possibility of contamination. The recalled products were distributed between November 1, 2014 and September 3, 2015. Contamination of drugs puts patients in serious risk of infection. Medical professionals should immediately check their supplies to quarantine any drug products marketed as sterile from Medistat. If a patient receives non-sterile drugs may results in serious life threatening infections or death. The FDA has received reports of several adverse events that are potentially associated with drug product made by Medistat. These patients are encouraged to complete and submit a report online to FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program to prevent further damage to others as well as keep track of total affected people. The FDA is working with the Alabama Board of Pharmacy to protect the public health. You may contact this company at (855) 737-2550.
- IKEA issued a recall on crib mattresses due to the violation of Federal Flammability Standard. VYSSA SPELEVINK crib mattresses fail to meet the open flame standard for mattresses which poses a threat of a possible fire hazard. This product has previously been recalled for entrapment hazards in January and May of this year. Since then, about 38,400 of the affected product have been sold. These mattresses are white with a blue piping around the edge and have an identification label attached to the mattress cover in which has the date of manufacture in the Month-DD-YY format or YY-W format. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled crib mattresses and return them to any IKEA store for a full refund. You may contact this company at (888) 966-4532.
- Nestlé Waters is recalling three and five water dispensers were distributed to businesses and residential customers in Florida, Massachusetts and New York as part of a water delivery contract. About 190 units are defective because the screws holding the head band in the dispensers can break or detach and cause the unit to overheat which furthermore poses a fire hazard. There are numerous serial numbers associated with model numbers BW210EZ and BW210EZES that are affected by this recall. The model and serial numbers can be found on a white sticker on the back of the units. You may contact this company at (877) 580-4638.
- Glacier Bay and Schön is recalling the brand’s touchless faucets that allow the user to waive a hand in front of a sensor to start and stop the flow of water, a pull-down sprayer head with a white LED light and a single handle to manually turn the water on and off. The battery box that is used to power the faucet’s sensor can shot circuit, overheat and/or melt, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. The firm has received six reports of the faucet’s battery box overheating, melting and/or smoking, including one report of a fire in the box and one report of a burn to a consumer’s thumb. There are 4,500 models and manufacturing dates that are affected by this recall. You may contact this company at (877) 580-5682, Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm ET.
- Ford Motor Company is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 and 2015 Ford F-650 and F-750 trucks manufactured February 14, 2011 to April 28, 2015 that come equipped with a 70% fixed bench passenger seat. The affected vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 2010, “Seat Belt Assembly Anchorages.” These vehicles have passenger seat belt anchorage floor attachments that are not installed in the correct locations. The result is that these defects may increase the risk of occupant injury in the event of a crash. Ford will notify owners and dealers will correct the seat belt anchorage locations free of charge. An interim notice will be mailed on September 21, 2015. Once plans have been made for a full remedy plan, it will be released through the mail as well. You may contact this company at 1(866) 436-7332.
- Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 RAM 1500 Quad Cab trucks manufactured from August 26, 2013 to August 8, 2015. These vehicles are equipped with side air bags inflatable curtain that many not full overlap the C-pillars in the event of a vehicle crash. Due to this defect, the vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 226, “Ejection Mitigation.” The result is that in the event of a crash, if a SABIC does not inflate as intended, there is an increased risk of injury to the rear seat occupant. The remedy for this product is still under development but the recall is expected to begin on September 18, 2015. You may contact this company at 1(800) 853-1403.
- Kawasaki Motors Corp is recalling certain model year 2009-2015 Vulcan 1700 Voyager and 2011-2015 Vulcan 1700 Vaquero motorcycles manufactured February 2, 2009, to March 20, 2015. In the vehicles affected, an ignition wire may chafe due to contact with the fuel tank, resulting in a short circuit and possible engine stall. This engine stall increases the risk of a crash. Kawasaki will notify owners and dealers will install additional shielding and padding to prevent the ignition wire from shorting. Furthermore, any ignition switch that has damaged wires will be replaced. There repairs will be free of charge to the consumer. You may contact this company at 1(866) 802-9381.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a product with a defect or faulty design and you’re in need of a helping hand, contact the experienced product liability attorneys of Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation to anyone and can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve after being injured by a product’s faulty nature. To get in touch, give us a call at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765