October 12 – October 19
Consumers have the right to know when a product is defective. There are many agencies that compile a list to improve public awareness and to also hold these companies liable for possible injuries. Often times, companies are unaware of these defects until it hits the mass market. Here at the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we consult and evaluate claims of product defects and liability because it is the responsibility of a company to address any issues associated with the product. If they do not, or if they are found to be grossly negligent, our experienced professionals can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Please read the list of recent recalls to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
Food, Medicine & Cosmetics
- Martinelli’s 4 oz. sparkling beverages are being recalled due to the potential for glass fragments to be contained inside. It is a voluntary nationwide recall that affects the mini glass bottles of Gold Medal Sparkling Cider, Sparkling Cider Northwest Blend, Sparkling White Grape, and Sparkling Red Grape. Consumers cut potentially be cut or injured if a chip occurs due to the opening of the bottle. This recall only affects certain lots of the 8.4 bottles that have a “Best Before” date of after March 1, 2018, but before September 12, 2018, on the front label of the bottle. A detailed list of product names, item numbers, “Best Before” dates, UPC codes, and images for the products affected are listed on the FDA’s recall list. You can reach this company at (800) 662-1868 at any time of the day.
- The Garibaldi Cannery is issuing a voluntary recall on all canned seafood due to a possible health risk associated with Clostridium botulinum which is a bacterium that can cause life-threatening illness or death. Consumers are warned not to use this product, even if it does not look or smell spoiled. This bacterium is a potentially fatal form of food poisoning and can cause the following symptoms: general weakness, dizziness, double-vision and trouble with speaking or swallowing. There may also be difficulty in breathing, weakness of other muscles, abdominal distension and constipation. Consumers who are experiencing these problems should seek immediate medical attention. The affected cans include codes starting with “OC”, dates with an expiration date of September 2018 and net weights ranging from 6 oz. to 8 oz. You may reach this company at (503) 322-3344 between 9 and 6 PST, Monday through Friday.
- New Frontier Foods is voluntarily recalling affected chip products under the name Ocean’s Halo Gluten Free Seaweed Chips produced at a third party manufacturer because of an undeclared allergen—wheat. In a routine testing, the FDA found gluten levels above the standard limit given for a gluten free product; therefore, this product does have wheat. There have been no reports of illnesses however, products containing wheat can injure consumers who have wheat allergies or Celiac disease. This recall includes 3 flavors of chips: Sea Salt, Chili Lime and Korean BBQ. Their lot numbers can be found of the FDA product recall You may reach this company at (888) 767-2035 between 9 and 5 PST, Monday through Friday.
- Horizon Hobby is issuing a recall for their E-flite Ultra Micro-4 AC/DC Battery Chargers due to a potential fire hazard. The chargers can overcharge the batteries and overheat, which could result in a fire, property damage and injury. The recall involves the EFLC1105 E-flite Ultra Micro-4, 4x9W, AC/DC Battery charger which has four independently functioning charge circuits with a LED status display. Each port can charge one 30-150mAh, 1S UM cell, 1S MCPX cell, or one 120-300mAh 2S pack equipped with a JST-PH, 3-wire connector. The charger is blue with a gray, black and blue faceplate. There have been no reports of injuries, however, consumers are encouraged to stop using the recalled chargers immediately and contact the company at (877) 504-0233 from 8 to 7 CT, Monday through Friday or on the weekends between 8 and 5 CT.
- TCC Cooking Company is recalling their CHEFS vertical roasters due to possible burn and laceration hazards. The vertical roasters can break or shatter causing the product to possibly burn or lacerate the consumer. This recall involves the CHEFS-branded flameproof ceramic vertical roasters which are black and consist of a round roasting pan with handles and a removable insert. The roasting pan measures 11.75 in diameter on the inside and 2.5 inches high and the removable insert measures 7.5 inches in diameter at the base and 4.5 inches high. There has been 25 reports of the roasters breaking or shattering, with no injuries reported. Consumers should stop using the roasters and return the product to Target or their online store for a full refund. You may reach this company at (800) 338-3232 from 8 to 5 MT, Monday through Friday.
- BRP is recalling their Youth Model Can-Am all-terrain vehicles due to a possible fire hazard. The fuel filter can break and leak, posing this potential fire. The recall is for the model years 2015 and 2016 with product models DS 90 and DS 90 X ATVs. The recalled vehicles have an engine size of 90 cubic centimeters and come in black and yellow. They were sold from May 2015 through September 2015. BRP has received right reports of the fuel filter breaking and leaking at dealerships, however, there has been no injuries reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and contact the company at (888) 272-9222 from 9 to 9 ET, Monday through Friday.
- General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015 Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro, Equinox, Malibu, and GMC Terrain vehicles because these vehicles have front seat-mounted side impact air bags whose inflator may rupture upon its deployment. In the event of a crash, the air bag’s filter may rupture and the air bag may not properly inflate. The rupture could cause metal fragments to strike the vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death. Additionally, if the air bag does not properly inflate, the driver or passenger is at an increased risk of injury. GM will notify owners and dealers will replace the side impact air bag modules, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin October 19, 2015. You may reach Buick at (800) 521-7300, Chevrolet at (800) 222- 1020, Cadillac at (800) 458-8006 or GMC at (800) 462-8782.
- Volvo Trucks North America (Volvo) is recalling certain model year 2009-2015 Volvo UN trucks manufactured April 14, 2008 to December 23, 2014. These affected vehicles may experience corrosion of the ball joints due to the seals being compromised, possibly resulting in accelerated wear and failure of the ball joint. Failure of the ball joint may cause separation of the socket and a complete loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash. Volvo will notify owners and dealers will inspect and replace the drag links, free of charge. Currently, parts are not available, however, owners will be mailed an interim notification on or before, November 2, 2015. Once the parts are available, the customers will receive a second notification for this remedy. You may contact this company at (877) 800-4945.
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2015 Jetta vehicles manufactured September 8, 2014, to November 28, 2014, Golf vehicles manufactured April 2, 2014 to December 3, 2014 and E-Golf vehicles manufactured July 26, 2014, to October 18, 2014. These affected vehicles are equipped with a Passenger Occupant Detection System (PODS) that may have been manufactured improperly. As a result, the front passenger seat occupant may be improperly classified or may not be detected. As a result, in the event of a crash, if the front passenger seat occupant is incorrectly classified or non-detected, the passenger frontal air bag may deploy improperly or not at all, increasing the risk of occupant injury. Volkswagen will notify owners and dealers will replace the PODs control module, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin in November 2015. You may contact this company at (800) 893-5298.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT LIABILITY ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a product with a defect or faulty design and you’re in need of a helping hand, contact the experienced product liability attorneys of Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today. We offer a free consultation and case evaluation to anyone and can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve after being injured by a product’s faulty nature. To get in touch, give us a call at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765