Consumers have the right to know when a product is defective. There are many agencies that compile a list to improve public awareness and to also hold these companies liable for possible injuries. Often times, companies are unaware of these defects until it hits the mass market. Here at the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we consult and evaluate claims of product defects and liability because it is the responsibility of a company to address any issues associated with the product. If they do not, or if they are found to be grossly negligent, our experienced professionals can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Please read the list of recent recalls to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
Food, Medicine & Cosmetics
- R Thomas Marketing, LLC in conjunction with Just Enhance, LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots of their dietary supplements due to the fact that the FDA found them to contain Sildenafil, a PDE-5 Inhibitor which is the active ingredient in an FDA-approved drug for erectile dysfunction (ED), making this tainted dietary supplement an unapproved drug. Sildenafil is not listed on the product labels. Sildenafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs such as nitroglycerin and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. Consumers with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates. The FDA recall list indicates multiple products sold and distributed by the company on their website that is a part of the nationwide recall. These products are ones that are currently being pulled from shelves, as well as older products that are no longer being manufactured because these products were sourced from the same vendors. The male sexual enhancement products have been sold through numerous websites (approximately 80) and the FDA page has a condensed list of the top 11 most commonly used websites for purchase. The company is urging consumers and retailers to stop using or distributing the product and to return the product to the company itself. If you have any questions, please call (914) 278-0212.
- Hospira, Inc., a Pfizer company, has formally announced a voluntary recall of one lot of Magnesium Sulfate in Water for Injection (0.325 mEq Mg**/mL) 40mg/mL 2g total, 50mL (NDC: 0409-6729-24, Lot 53-113-JT. Expiry 1Nov2016) to the user level due to a confirmed customer report of an incorrect barcode on the primary bag labeling. This product has a barcode identifying the product contents on both the overwrap and on the primary container. The barcode on the overwrap is correct; however, there is potential for the primary container barcode to be mislabeled with the barcode for Heparin Sodium 2000 USP units/1000mL in 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection. The product is labeled with the correct printed name on the primary container and overwrap. If the incorrect barcode on the Magnesium Sulfate in Water for Injection is not detected prior to dispensing or administration to the patient, and the product is administered based on the printed name, patient harm is unlikely since the barcode on the overwrap and the readable text on the primary container and overwrap are correct. However, if it is detected, there’s potential for the delay of treatment, which may cause life-threatening seizures, stroke, cerebral hemorrhage and maternal death, and attendant risks to the fetus, including fetal demise. Anyone with an existing inventory of the recalled lot should stop use and distribution and quarantine the product immediately. If you have any question, please call (800) 441-4100, Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm CST.
- Milky Way International Trading Corp. has announced the recall of Nice! Mandarin Oranges in 8-ounce bottles due to potential glass in the product. The product affected was distributed to Walgreens stores nationwide and displays one of the lot numbers listed: Lot # H894K09A (01/11/2017), Bottle Label UPC 0-490522-80895-9 & 100-49022-80895-6; Lot # 4200/01039 (01/16/2016), Bottle Label UPC 0-490522-80895-9 & 100-49022-80895-6; Lot # 4200/01039 (02/01/2018), Bottle Label UPC 0-490522-80895-9 & 100-49022-80895-6. The lots codes are located either the neck or the lid of the glass bottles. Consumers are warned that if the product is injected, they may be injured or potentially cut. To date, there have been three complaints and one alleged injury reported. If you have any questions, please call the company at (562) 921-2800, Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm PST.
- Zulily is voluntarily recalling their children’s pajamas due a violation of the federal flammability standard. Their children’s pajamas do not meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries. This recall involves six styles of Lilli Lovebird girls’ two-piece, long-sleeve, striped pajama sets. The pajamas are 95 percent cotton and 5 percent elastane, and were sold in sizes 4 through 12. These long-sleeved pajama tops have a sewn-on packet in the shape of a heart located on the center front. The pajamas come several different colors of strips and hearts. There have been no injuries reported, however, consumers should immediately take the sleepwear away from children and contact Zulily for instructions on retuning the product for a full refund. You can reach this company at (877) 779-5615, Monday through Friday from 6am to 8pm PST.
- Office Depot is voluntarily recalling their executive chairs due to a potential fall hazard. These Crawley II Executive Chairs have faulty seat plates whereby the seat plate weld can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers. The black, high-back, adjustable chairs have a black base with five wheels. The affected chairs have Office Depot SKU number 493822 or OfficeMax item number 23324118 and “US REG. No. PA 25917(CN)” printed on a label located on the underside of the seat cushion. The company has received eight reports of the seat plate weld cracking or breaking. While no injuries have been reported, consumers should immediately stop using the recall chair and contact Office Depot to receive a free preplacement seat plated that consumers can install at home. You can reach this company at (855) 743-7701, Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm EST.
- KTM North America is voluntarily recalling off-road motorcycles due to a fire hazard. These competition off-road motocross motorcycles have molded fuel hoses that could leak fuel at the radius or the ends of the hose, posing a fire hazard. This recall involved model year 2015 KTM SX-F Factory Edition and 2015 Edition and 2016 SX-F motocross motorcycles with 250cc to 450cc, 4-cycle engines. Recalled KTM motorcycles are orange and black with the KTM logo on both sides of the shrouds covering the fuel tank. The engine size and “SX-F” are on both sides of the rear fender below the rear of the seat. Model year 2015 motorcycles will have the letter F in the 10th position of the vehicle identification number (VIN). The VIN is located on the right side of the steering head. Model year 2016 motorcycles will have the letter G in the 10th position of the vehicle identification number (VIN). The VIN is located on the right side of the steering head. There have been no injuries reported, however, consumers should stop riding the recalled bikes and contacted an authorized KTM dealer to schedule a free repair. You can reach this company at (888) 985-6090, Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm EST.
- Hyundai Motor Vehicle (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Elantra vehicles manufactured October 29, 2010 to October 25, 2011. Due to an electronic stability control (ESC) sensor malfunction, the brakes for one or more wheels may be applied unexpectedly and the engine power may be reduced. These symptoms will be accompanied by illumination of the ESC lamp in the instrument cluster. If one or more of the brakes are inappropriately applied, control of the vehicle may be lost, increasing the risk of a crash. Hyundai will notify owners and dealers will verify the proper operation of the ESC sensors, and update the ESC’s system’s calibration, free of charge. The recall is expected to being on February 19, 2016. You may reach this company at (800) 633-5151.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015 Ford Transit vehicles manufactured May 1, 2015 to June 26, 2015, and equipped with dual rear wheels. The affected vehicles have a left or right rear axle drive shafts that may fracture, resulting in loss of drive power. Additionally, the vehicle may unexpectedly roll if it is parked without the parking brake applied. A loss of drive power or vehicle rollaway after being parked can increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the left and right axle drive shafts, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 8, 2016. You can reach this company at (866) 436-7332.
- Hankook Tire America Corp. (Hankook) is recalling certain Ventus S1 Noble 2 tires, size 245/45R18 96W, manufactured Mary 20, 2013, to February 14, 2015 and size 245/40R19 94W and 275/35R19 96W tired manufactured May 22, 2013, to February 14, 2015 supplied for 2015 Hyundai Genesis vehicles as well as being sold as replacement tires. The affected tires may develop cracks in the tire sidewall, resulting in a loss of air. A loss of tire pressure may cause tire failure and a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. The company will notify purchasers of the replacement tires and Hankook dealers will replace the tires, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin sometime in January. You can reach this company at (800) 426-5665.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT RECALL ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Companies are responsible for illnesses or damages caused by their products and need to be confronted legally. However, they’ll often take very precise steps to make sure this doesn’t happen, or to make sure that it goes in their favor; so, if you find yourself in a situation where a product has impaired or caused damage to you or a loved one in any way, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA immediately for a free consultation and case evaluation. We have experienced product liability attorneys on site in Clearwater, Florida who will aggressively fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765