Consumer Reports, the Food & Drug Administration and Consumer Product Safety Commission are just some of the reputable sources where consumers can look through a list of product defects and recalls. When companies have a defective product, it is their legal obligation to warn consumers through these protection agencies so that there is no legal recourse. Even so, a defective product is liable for damages sustained to a consumer and can be sued for compensation. Please look over the list of denounced products to learn of any liable products in your home.
Foods, Medicines & Cosmetics:
- Mars Chocolate North America (DOVE) has issued an allergy alert voluntary recall due to undeclared peanuts, wheat and egg ingredients for DOVE Chocolate Assortment Snowflakes. These 24.0oz bags, sold at only one major retailer with stores across the U.S, are purple with the DOVE logo clearly marked on the front of the packages and the code dates and UPC code are located on the back of the packaging on the lower right side. An estimated 6,700 cases of this item may contain some SNICKERS, MILKY WAY and TWIX pieces that contain peanuts, wheat and/or eggs, but these ingredients are not listed on the outer packages ingredient label. While no adverse reports have been reported to date. The item was shipped and distributed to locations across the United States and consumers with allergies should return the item for a full refund. You may reach this company at (800) 551-0907
- Nuway Distributors LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots of APEXXX tablets to the consumer level because an FDA analysis found that the product contained amounts of the PDE-5 inhibitor, sildenafil, which is the active ingredient in an FDA-approved drug for erectile dysfunction (ED) making this tainted dietary supplement and an unapproved drug. Sildenafil, while approved for other drugs, was never identified in this specific product and therefore is unapproved. Sildenafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs such as nitroglycerin and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels what may be life threatening. This product was marketed as a dietary supplement for male sexual enhancement and is packaged in a single blister pack containing 1 tablet. The UPC code is 705105963617 and was sold in 2014 until June 2015. APEXXX was specifically sold in retail stores located in Orlando, Florida as well as further sales in smoke shops, convenient stores and gas stations. This product may have also been sold online. To be even more cautious, the company is also removing all lots of OPAL tablets to the consumer level because the product was sourced from the same vendors at APEXXX. OPAL with the UPC code 794504852400 was sold in the same stores as the previously named product. Consumers should immediately stop using and distributing this product and may complete and submit an adverse report online at fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm or may call the company at (407) 722-0061.
- Zatarain’s is initiating a voluntary recall of 8oz boxes of Red Beans and Rice Original with a “Best By” date of JUL 31 16Z and a UPC code of 7142909849, because of a product mislabeling issue. The Red Beans and Rice Original product may actually contain Creamy Parmesan Rice Mix with dairy ingredients. As such, dairy allergens were not labeled on the “Red Beans and Rice Original package”. Consumers with a dairy allergy or sensitivity run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. To date, no illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported and no other Zatarain’s products are involved in this recall. All of the retail outlets that have sold this product are being notified immediately to remove this product from the selves. Consumers do not need to return the product, instead, the company suggests that consumers should throw out the product and to contact the company for a refund. You may reach this company at (877) 837-3796 weekdays from 9:30am to 7:00pm ET.
- Carrier is recalling their Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC) and Heat Pumps (PTHP) because the power cord plug can overheat which poses a fire hazard to consumers. This recall includes previously recalled units that are being cautioned again for the same reasons. These products were sold under the Bryant, Carrier and Fast brand names. Recalled units include those with original power cords and those that received a supplemental power cord as part of the 2007 recall. The recalled units have capacities of 7,000; 9,000; 12,000 and 15,000 BTUs and plug into 208/230 volt, 20 amp outlets. The brand and models that are included are as follows: Carrier models 52CE, 52CQ, 52PE and 52PQ; Bryant models 840 and 841; and Fast models 840 and 841. The company has received reports of approximately 47 incidents of overheating. Two of the reported incidents involved hotel fires. One of the reported fires involves a consumer suffering burns and smoke inhalation. The other incidents involved overheating cord heads or wall outlets with no injuries reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the air unit and unplug the recalled units for safety. You may reach this company at (800) 761-8492, Monday through Friday from 8am to 6 pm ET.
- Breville is issuing a recall for their pressure cookers due to a risk of potential burns. These Fast Slow Cookers have a sealing gasket that can be incorrectly inserted upside down on the lid which can allow the unexpected release of built-up pressure. This poses a risk of burns to the user or consumers nearby. The Breville 6-quart capacity domestic programmable electric pressure cookers have a brushed stainless steel construction and a 3-way safety system. This system consists of a locking lid, safety valve and a pressure release button. Pressure cookers with model number BPR600XL and batch numbers between 1235 and 1529 are included in the recall. Breville USA has received five reports of steam or hot contents escaping from the pressure cooker which resulted in five reports of burns, including second degree burns to the hands, arms or stomach. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled pressure cookers and contact Breville for a replacement sealing gasket and updated instructions. You may reach this company at (800) 983-3165, Monday through Friday from 6am to 6pm PT.
- John Deere USA is recalling their zero-turn lawn mowers due to a risk of a fire and serious injury that may be life-threatening. A fuel hose could have been cut during manufacturing allowing fuel to leak which then poses a fire hazard. This recall involves John Deere models Z445, Z645, Z655, and Z665 zero-turn mowers with serial numbers beginning with 1GXZ, manufactured from august 10, 2015 through September 9, 2015. There is a complete list of recalled mowers with the serial numbers on the company’s website. Consumers are warned to immediately stop using these recalled zero-turn lawn mowers and to contact a John-Deere dealer for a free repair. After about 4 reports of cut fuel hoses during the manufacturing process, John Deere is contacting all registered owners of the lawn mowers directly.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Jeep Cherokee vehicles manufactured February 18, 2015 to September 10, 2015 and equipped with the power liftgate option. In the affected vehicles, water may leak into the Power Liftgate Control Module and result in a high resistance short circuit. This short circuit in the module increases the risk of a fire. Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will inspect the module and connectors for corrosion, replacing the damaged components as necessary. The mastic shield will be removed and the module will be covered with a water shield. These repairs will be performed free of charge. There has been no scheduled notification date. However, owners may reach this company at (800) 853-1403.
- Grand Design RV, LLC (Grand Design) is recalling certain model year 2016 Momentum trailers, models 397th, 398M and 388M, manufactured September 2, 2015 to November 12, 2015. The affected trailers may be equipped with a Federal Certification Label that lists an incorrect unloaded vehicle weight (UVW), causing the cargo carrying capacity (CCC) to be overstated. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.” If the operator loads the vehicle per the information on the label, the vehicle may exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), thereby increasing the risk of a crash. Grand Design will notify its owners, and dealers will install a corrected label, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 11, 2016. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at (574) 825-9679.
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Escape vehicles manufactured January 11, 201 to April 1, 2013 and 2014-2015 Focus ST vehicles manufactured May 3, 2012 to October 14, 2013 because there is insufficient compression in the engine wiring harness splices to the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor that may provide incorrect signals to the powertrain control module (PCM). The incorrect signals could cause the vehicle to hesitate or the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Ford will notify owners and dealers will replace the current crimped splices with new splices, free of charge. This recall is expected to begin January 4, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at (866) 436-7332.
SPEAK WITH AN EXPERIENCED PRODUCT RECALL ATTORNEY IN THE CLEARWATER & TAMPA BAY AREA FOR FREE
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Companies are responsible for illnesses or damages caused by their products and need to be confronted legally. However, they’ll often take very precise steps to make sure this doesn’t happen, or to make sure that it goes in their favor; so, if you find yourself in a situation where a product has impaired or caused damage to you or a loved one in any way, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA immediately for a free consultation and case evaluation. We have experienced product liability attorneys on site in Clearwater, Florida who will aggressively fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, Florida 33765
 Nuway Distributors llc Issues Voluntary [Worldwide/Nationwide] Recall of APEXXX Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil
 Carrier Recalls to Repair Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps Including Previously Recalled Units
 Breville Recalls Pressure Cookers