When a product recall is issued, it’s imperative for consumers to know of the information because of the potential injuries that may accumulate after usage. As a response to product defects, federal agencies have set up a system to list the foods, consumer goods and motor vehicles that should be flagged for any issues deemed dangerous. While companies produce products in the effort to support consumers in some fashion, sometimes these products are improperly made or not known to be dangerous until after the fact. The lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have picked out some of the products that the community should be aware of to make sure there are no injuries or potentially, lives lost.
Foods, Medicines & Cosmetics:
- Making It A Lifestyle, L.L.C. from Corpus Christi, TX is voluntarily recalling all lots of 3rd Degree, Black Gold X Advanced and Black Label X capsule form supplements to the consumer level. The products have been found to contain undeclared sibutramine and sildenafil. These undeclared ingredients make these products an unapproved new drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was removed from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumer because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke. Sildenafil is an active ingredient in Black Label X. It’s an approved ingredients for users of Viagra, used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). However, it is not labeled for this specific supplement and as such, it may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs or cause issues related to sildenafil. To date, no adverse events have been reported. If you have any questions, call (888) 648-4447.
- Cinnabon’s bakery supplier CSM Bakery Solutions has notified the company of the recall of Cinnabon Stix due to the possible presence of peanut allergens in an ingredient used in Cinnabon Stix. The Cinnabon Stix are sold in bakery cups, bags, or boxes, and may have been distributed to Cinnabon retail locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. While the nutritional and allergen information currently indicates that Cinnabon products may contain milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, pecans, other tree nuts or traces of nuts, Cinnabon is taking this measure knowing that the product does in fact contain peanut allergens. People will an allergy or severe sensitivity to specific types of allergens, such as peanuts, run the risk of serious life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products. While there is no adverse reports known, Cinnabon bakeries are discontinuing the sale of Cinnabon Stix until CSM has fixed the issue. You may call this company for more information at (404) 257-7004.
- Fresenius Kabi USA announced it is voluntarily recalling a single lot (Lot Number 6111504; Product Code 470237) of Sensorcaine-MPF (bupivacaine HCI) Injection, USP, 0.75%, 7.5 mg/mL, 30 mL fill in a 30 mL vial. Sensorcaine-MPF Injection is indicated for the production of local or regional anesthesia or analgesia for surgery, dental and oral surgery procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and for obstetrical procedures. The recall is being performed to the user level due to visible particulate matter characterized as glass observed by the company during inspection of reserve samples. Administration of a solution containing glass particulate matter by the epidural or retrobulbar (behind the eyeball) route may result in inflammation and injury, or cause blockage of vasculature around the eye or emboli in the vasculature of eye nerves. If the particulate goes undetected and solution is administered—depending on the particle size and number—it could block administration of the drug to the patient, causing a delay in therapy. If the particulates are able to pass through the catheter and may result in local inflammation, mechanical disruption of tissue or immune response to the particle. To date, Fresenius Kabi has not received any reports of adverse events related to this recall.
- Cub Cabet is recalling their Challenger off-road utility vehicles due to a crash hazard. The parking brake can fail, posing a crash hazard. This recall involves model year 2015 Cub Cadet Challenger CX500 and Challenger CX700 four-wheel drive off-road utility vehicles. The recalled vehicles have two bucket seats, roll bars, a canopy, a two-piece windshield, a 35.5-inch by 44-inch cargo bed and a winch. The vehicles were sold in the colors camouflage and yellow. Challenger utility vehicles with model numbers posted on the S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website are the ones affected. As such, the firm has received 22 reports of incidents of the brake cable failing. There have been no reports of injuries or property damage. Consumers should stop using the recalled vehicles and contact a Cub cadet dealer to schedule an appointment for a free repair. You may contact this company at (888) 848-6038.
- Stile Products expands recall of their Tern folding bicycles due to a fall hazard. The bikes frame can crack at the hinge on the top tube, posing a fall hazard. This recall involves Eclipse S11i and Verge S11i, X10, X20 and X30h models of Tern brand folding bikes. The 24-inch wheel Eclipse model was sold in a silver/black color combination. The 20-inch wheel Verge model were sold in silver/black, orange/white, red/black and yellow/grey color combinations. “Tern” is printed on the front end of the top tube and on portion of the frame. The model name is printed on the middle of the top tube. The frame has a 10-character alphanumeric serial number that begins with AM1A or from AM1102 though AM1208. The serial number is stamped on the bottom bracket shell of the bike. Stile Products has received four reports of incidents of the frame hinge cracking, resulting in minor scrapes, bruises and one sprained shoulder. Consumers should stop riding the bicycle and contact the company at (888) 570-8376.
- Alltrade tools recalls Snap-on ratcheting tie downs due to an injury hazard. The ratchet handle can fail during use, releasing the secured load, posing an injury hazard to consumers. This recall involves Snap-on ratcheting tie downs sold in a package of four. The 15 foot long tie downs are straps used to secure heavy items or oversize loads to trailers, trucks and hand trolleys. The product’s ratchet mechanism is black and the straps are yellow with “Snap-On” printed in red across the strap. Product number 871343S is printed on the upper right corner of the packaging. Recalled units have at least one silver metal tab that is flush with the openings in the black metal ratchet handle. The firm has received one report of the ratchet handle failing, resulting in the loss of a heavy load from the bed of a pickup truck. No injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled tie downs and return them to Sam’s Club for a full refund. You may contact this company at (800) 994-4343.
- Ford said that it would recall about 81,000 sport-utility vehicles to fix a suspension defect and another 201,900 pickup trucks, SUVs and cars to repair a transmission flaw. The suspension defect affects certain 2014-2015 Ford Explorer and Ford Police Interceptor SUVs and has been connected to at least on crash and injury. The vehicles’ rear suspension toe links were poorly welded and could fracture, resulting in loss of steering. The transmission issue involves a speed sensor that can cause the system to downshift into first gear at the wrong time. At least three crashes and no injuries have been linked to the defect, which affects 6R80 transmission models on certain versions of the 2011-2012 Ford F-150, the 2012 Ford Expedition, Ford Mustangs built in Michigan from Aug. 19, 2011, through Feb 21, 2012 and 2012 Lincoln Navigators built in Kentucky from Aug. 19, 2011, through Dec. 17, 2011. If you have any questions, you may call Ford at (800) 392-3673.
- Nissan said that it will recall 3.53 million vehicles citing passenger-side air bags that may not work properly because vehicle sensors may malfunction. The problem has to do with the occupant classification systems in the vehicles that may fail to properly identify adult front seat passengers. As such, the system may improperly classify an adult front seat passenger as a child or as an empty seat; such a failure could lead to an air bag failing to deploy in the event of a crash. Nissan has reports of three injuries linked to the issue but no fatalities. The recall includes vehicles from the 2013-2017 model years including some Nissan Altima, Leaf, Maxima, Murano, Pathfinder, Sentra, Rogue, NV200, NV Taxi, Infiniti JX35/QX60, and Q50. It also includes the 2015-2016 Chevrolet City Express, built for General Motors Company by Nissan. You may call this company at (800) 647-7261.
- General Motors LLC is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 trucks manufactured January 29, 2013, to January 21, 2015. While entering the vehicle, the seat belt tensioner cable may be positioned such that the driver slides over it. This movement may result in the fatigue and separation of cable. If the tensioner cable separates, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury. GM will notify owners, and dealers will modify the vehicles to prevent the tensioner from being damaged. Any tensioner that has already been damaged will be replaced, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact GMC customer service at (800) 462-8782.
Speak With An Experienced Product Recall Attorney In The Clearwater & Tampa Bay Area For Free
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Companies are responsible for illnesses or damages caused by their products and need to be confronted legally. However, they’ll often take very precise steps to make sure this doesn’t happen, or to make sure that it goes in their favor; so, if you find yourself in a situation where a product has impaired or caused damage to you or a loved one in any way, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA immediately for a free consultation and case evaluation. We have experienced product liability attorneys on site in Clearwater, Florida who will aggressively fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve. Call the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, Florida 33765
 Stile Products Expands Recall of Tern Folding Bicycles
 Alltrade Tools Recalls Ratcheting Tie Downs Due to Injury Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Sam’s Club