How Can a Victim Suffer from Medical Malpractice?The term “medical malpractice” refers broadly to any act of negligence or recklessness committed by a doctor or other healthcare professional. Some examples of medical malpractice that can lead to injuries in patients include:
- Failure to diagnose a patient's condition;
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks or side effects associated with a treatment plan;
- Prescribing too much, too little, or an incorrect dosage of medication;
- Leaving surgical instruments inside a patient's body;
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for a patient's condition;
- Misdiagnosis of a patient's condition;
- Failure to follow up with a patient after his or her treatment.
- You are suffering from an injury;
- That injury occurred because of another party's negligence;
- You are facing significant damages.
You Have to Prove that a Patient/Physician Relationship ExistedThis means that in addition to the conditions above, you need to prove that you were a patient of the individual who allegedly caused your injury. This can be determined through treatment record and confirmation with the hospital or clinic where you worked with him or her.
You Have to Provide Adequate Evidence for your ClaimThis evidence can include any of the following:
- Your medical record;
- Record from another doctor who oversaw your recovery from the malpractice;
- Photographs of your injury or condition;
- Details of your condition's progress following the alleged malpractice incident;
- Written and oral testimony from yourself and your loved ones attesting to the malpractice.
St. Petersburg Medical Malpractice AttorneysWorking with an experienced medical malpractice attorney can make the claim process much easier for you. Your attorney can guide you through each step of the process, helping you locate the necessary pieces of evidence and negotiating with the other party on your behalf. For quality guidance for your medical malpractice claim, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today to schedule your initial legal consultation with us. We can provide you with the compassionate legal guidance and representation you need as you pursue your medical malpractice claim. Do not wait to make the call – contact our firm today at (727) 472-3909. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA 1663 1st Ave S. St. Petersburg, FL 33712 (727) 472-3909 References:  https://www.abpla.org/what-is-malpractice  https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/negligence