Florida is an extremely popular vacation destination within the United States, with Governor Scott’s office reporting that more than 97 million people visited the state during 2014. As a state with a significant number of tourists, it is no surprise that Florida has thousands of hotels and resorts ready to accommodate people on vacation. In addition to the people who come from out of state, many native Floridians take advantage of the amenities that these facilities have to offer, either on a day-to-day basis or visiting different parts of the state or city in which they live.
While staying at a Florida resort or hotel can be an extremely relaxing and enjoyable experience, it can also turn dangerous, particularly in the event that the establishment’s staff or management is negligent. Every year, thousands of people sustain serious injuries in hotels and resorts around the state, sometimes with extremely serious consequences. In many instances, victims of these accidents are entitled to significant financial compensation. It is important, therefore, for anyone injured in an accident that takes place in a hotel or resort to retain a qualified Clearwater personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an incident occurs. To schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers, call the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 727-451-6900.
Common types of hotel and result accidents
Hotels and resorts around the state often offer a plethora of amenities and attractions in order to attract potential guests. These amenities can often include exercise equipment, restaurants, hot tubs, swimming pools, water parks, shops, spas, bars, and even establishment-sponsored excursions. These offerings undoubtedly achieve their goal of attracting guests and are usually enjoyed without incident. Unfortunately, they are also capable of causing serious injury in the event of an accident. Some of the more common kinds of hotel and resort accidents that often cause serious injury include the following:
- Swimming pool accidents
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Recreational accidents
- Accidents involving gym equipment
- Accidents involving defective furniture
- Accidents caused by inadequate security
- Slip and fall accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
Hotel and resort accidents can cause serious injury
People who are involved in hotel and resort accidents can sustain extremely serious injuries. Some of the more common are detailed below:
- Traumatic brain injuries – TBIs are an extremely serious type of injury that occurs when a bump or blow to the head causes a disruption in normal brain function. In particularly severe cases, TBI victims can develop long-term complications that can have a significant impact on their quality of life. Examples of the kinds of accidents that often result in TBIs include slip and falls, motor vehicle accidents, intentional assaults, and struck by/against events.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries, or SCIs, occur when trauma causes injury to the spinal cord. In some cases, damage to the vertebrae results in a secondary injury to the spinal cord while, in others, the spinal cord itself is directly injured. When the spinal cord is injured, serious complications can result, including loss of movement and sensation below the site of the injury.
- Broken bones – Broken bones occur when sufficient force is applied to a bone and the continuity of the bone is disrupted. These injuries can be extremely painful and often require significant medical treatment, sometimes including surgery.
Contact a Clearwater personal injury law firm today to schedule a free consultation
Individuals who sustain injuries while staying at or visiting a hotel or resort are often entitled to significant financial compensation. Examples of the kinds of damages often available in a hotel or resort injury case include medical expenses, lost income, physical and emotional pain or suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life, among others. In certain cases, significant punitive damages may also be available. The lawyers of the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA are skilled and experienced personal injury advocates who are committed to helping people who have be injured by the carelessness of others. To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, call our office today at 727-451-6900.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33756