Attending a sporting event or concert at an arena, stadium or racetrack is supposed to be fun and safe. Injuries may be commonplace on the track or field but not in the stands or parking lot. Unfortunately visitors to public venues can suddenly become innocent victims to bad behavior or negligence.
Venue owners and organizers can be held liable for injuries to spectators for a number of reasons. They are well aware of the dangers of large excited crowds are expected to provide security and carry insurance. Even if the injury is caused by an unruly individual who throws an object, pushes or strikes another person or falls down and gets hurt because of drunkenness, the promoter or owner could be at least partially responsible, for encouraging alcohol consumption or not providing adequate security.
Spectator injuries can happen at a public event due to the following circumstances:
- Slip and fall – Wet floors or objects on floors can create a slipping hazard. These hazards could be from cleaning, weather, spilled drinks, dropped food wrappers and countless other reasons. The owners and maintenance company must take reasonable steps to prevent these situations from becoming hazardous.
- Thrown or dropped objects – An object thrown or dropped from a balcony may cause a serious injury to another innocent party. Was the person who threw the object over served alcohol? Where did the object come from?
- Improper construction and maintenance – Did a loose railing cause a fall from a balcony? Was a ramp constructed at too steep an angle? Was an escalator unclearly marked or malfunctioning?
- Crowd trampling – Was the venue sold to over capacity? What generated a stampede of bodies?
- Assault and rape – Was the parking lot improperly lit? Was there adequate security provided? Was alcohol promotion a contributing factor?
- Pedestrian and auto accident injuries – Was there proper signage to alert motorists and pedestrians to be aware of potentially dangerous areas like cross walks and intersections? Was there adequate traffic control?
- Airborne objects – Was there protection such as a fence or net between players or vehicles and fans?
The personal injury attorneys at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have the experience in premises liability to determine all of the contributing factors that led to an injury at a public event. Even if the accident or malicious act is traced to the bad behavior of a particular individual, the owner, promoter or security company could still be held accountable. The personal injury may have been directly connected to the sale of alcohol. I may have been prevented had proper security measures been implemented.
The types of injuries that can happen at a public event at an arena, stadium or racetrack include but are not limited to, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, eye injuries, broken bones, sprains, contusions and lacerations.
Florida Premises Liability Attorneys
The premises liability attorneys at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have represented many Florida residents who were injured at a concert or sports event while watching, entering or leaving. The lawyers know the true lifetime cost of a serious injury and are prepared the fight vehemently, all the way though trial if necessary. They will make the parties responsible to pay full compensation for lost income over a lifetime, medical expenses present and future along with pain and suffering. If you or a loved one was injured at a public venue, reach out to the personal injury team at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today, for a free evaluation of you case. You owe it to yourself and someone else may owe you compensation.
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765